Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing MPPS shiped by convoys

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Changing MPPS shiped by convoys Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 11:41:00 AM   
wobbleguts

After my marathon game playing as Japan I decided to read the manual properly before starting a new one. Done that and am now going through the strategy guide as well.

The strategy guide doesn't really tell me anything new but it is still good. It seems to confirm my opinion that the UK would not completely surrender if Egypt is conquered (change the UK morale rules!), but I've raised this before and it has already been discussed.

My question is about the movement of MPPs back to a major power via convoys. The strategy guide states...

It might be wise to adjust the exact MPP amount that India sends via convoy to the UK, as there
will be times when India will benefit more from keeping as much of her income as possible, and
others, e.g. if the UK is invaded, when sending more to the home country will be best.

I don't recall the manual saying anything about this or how it is done. Do you need to edit the scripts to make this happen?

Post #: 1
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 12:46:09 PM   
Platoonist

It's actually a pretty quick procedure.

Go into your war maps tab, click on the box that says Convoy Map.

You'll get a display like the one below. Click on one of the flag buttons. India in this case.

Then adjust the arrows in the box on the lower left to reduce or increase MPPs.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 1:02:20 PM   
Platoonist

It's important to note you can only make adjustments to convoy MPPs between Major Powers. You couldn't adjust the South Africa-UK route for example.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 1:05:25 PM   
wobbleguts

Thank you. Perfect answer

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 5:11:54 PM   
LoneRunner

Wow! Thank you so much Platoonist. I've been playing the game for several months and never realized I could adjust convoys.

World at War gets deeper every time I study it. An amazingly complex game that seems so simple at first look.

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 5
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 6:15:06 PM   
PanzerCro

Can Axis convoy be adjusted ? I would like to shift all my convoy MPP's to Sweden since this route is easier to defend

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 6:49:22 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: PanzerCro

Can Axis convoy be adjusted ? I would like to shift all my convoy MPP's to Sweden since this route is easier to defend

Sadly, it only works between Major Powers.

What I would LOVE to have in this game would be the nifty overland convoy feature that exists in Strategic Command: World War One.

For example, as Germany you can send a percentage of MMPs overland to the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The Austrians also can send supplies to Turkey once the rail line through Serbia is conquered. Russia can send supplies to Serbia through Rumania, etc.

It would be helpful when playing as the Axis in this game, for Germany to be able send Italy a few spare MMPs in a convoy route over the Alps. From everything I've read Italy was really dependent on Germany for coal and oil imports.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PanzerCro)
Post #: 7
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 9:47:14 PM   
taffjones

Try Crispy's mod in that there are lots more interesting DE's

One of them is for Germany to send MPP's to Italy.

He is doing an AAR of his mod against PanzerRommel there is a link to it in the AAR section, but it is in the WiE forum for some reason the upload size of files he can post in WaW is smaller than inn WiE.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 8
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/5/2020 11:03:11 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: PanzerCro

Sadly, it only works between Major Powers.

What I would LOVE to have in this game would be the nifty overland convoy feature that exists in Strategic Command: World War One.

For example, as Germany you can send a percentage of MMPs overland to the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The Austrians also can send supplies to Turkey once the rail line through Serbia is conquered. Russia can send supplies to Serbia through Rumania, etc.

It would be helpful when playing as the Axis in this game, for Germany to be able send Italy a few spare MMPs in a convoy route over the Alps. From everything I've read Italy was really dependent on Germany for coal and oil imports.

Yeah that would be very cool the Italians need all the help they can get!

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 9
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/6/2020 10:26:36 AM   
wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

It's actually a pretty quick procedure.

Go into your war maps tab, click on the box that says Convoy Map.

You'll get a display like the one below. Click on one of the flag buttons. India in this case.

Then adjust the arrows in the box on the lower left to reduce or increase MPPs.

Wondering if you can do this if the AI is in charge of one of the convoy powers. For example, I intend to play as Germany next, followed by the UK. I give the AI control of all the other powers. If I am playing as the UK and the AI has control of India, can I still change the MPPs shipped by convoy from India? Or do I also have to control India to do so?

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 10
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/6/2020 4:51:27 PM   
Torplexed

quote:

ORIGINAL: wobbleguts

If I am playing as the UK and the AI has control of India, can I still change the MPPs shipped by convoy from India?

Yes, you can.

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 11
RE: Changing MPPS shiped by convoys - 9/7/2020 10:52:44 AM   
wobbleguts

Was expecting the opposite, but thanks for confirming.

(in reply to Torplexed)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Changing MPPS shiped by convoys Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI