Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.05b1] Rebels in zone event

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/3/2020 8:40:05 PM   
Malevolence

Per the image, despite happiness scores in the 90's for both population and workers, and no zeitgeist, every second or third turn the player was harassed by the Rebels in Zone event. Despite any choice in the decision, large formations would auto-magically appear in the target zone. Choice A can only result in less units or smaller units.

The event would trigger in one to four zones regardless of the conditions in the zones and appeared totally random.

None of the player's leaders were unhappy and none defected to instigate rebellions.

It should be be noted that if the player had instigated such random rebellions using the stratagem, each would be worth 6 fate points.

The unconvincing harassment gives the impression the game is trying to make itself more difficult given weaknesses of the opposing regimes.

However, an onerous but ridiculously easy work around cancels out this automatic harassment and the event.

Device is Windows 10 Pro 64bit, version 2004 (v19041.421), Intel i7-1065G7 1.30Ghz, 16GB RAM. It is a Surface Pro 7, connected to 2560x1600 display monitor via USB-C. Intel Iris Plus integrated graphics.

For reference, Game Build v 1.05-beta1; Scenario Build 1.05-beta1; Last Game Build used 1.05-beta1; Scenario Version Number #53.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/3/2020 8:57:02 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/3/2020 8:44:31 PM   
Malevolence

Example of the regime status as these events continuously triggered.

Attachment (1)

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/3/2020 8:45:45 PM   
Malevolence

Example.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/3/2020 8:46:14 PM   
Malevolence

Example.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/3/2020 8:49:44 PM   
Malevolence

The response is onerous but very easy. Reduce the size of the zone to the desired hexes and then make the choice. After the rebels spawn, redraw the zone to the correct boundaries before going forward.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/3/2020 8:53:38 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/3/2020 8:50:21 PM   
Malevolence

The rebels will spawn exactly where the player wishes.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/3/2020 8:51:35 PM   
Malevolence

For even better effect. Load up the zone's city with troops and only allow the city as the size of the zone. The rebel units are instantly destroyed. You can find this report in the history after the units spawn and die.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/3/2020 8:58:57 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/3/2020 8:55:13 PM   
Malevolence

Another example.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/7/2020 3:29:58 PM   
Vic

The Rebels might have come from an AI Major Regime playing some secret service mission Stratagem on you.

However your "loophole" is quite interesting. I closed it for 105-beta4. :) well spotted.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 9
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/7/2020 6:11:46 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

The Rebels might have come from an AI Major Regime playing some secret service mission Stratagem on you.

Only if a major regime was able to play multiple stratagems against the player in the same turn? The player cannot do this act.

Also, the cost of such stratagems are in the hundreds of political points. How is the major regime limited in political points such as the player? Four such cards in the same turn? and done so routinely? This would indicate the major acts without similar limitations.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/7/2020 6:12:12 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 10
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/7/2020 6:14:02 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

quote:

Only if a major regime was able to play multiple stratagems against the player in the same turn? The player cannot do this act.

Also, the cost of such stratagems are in the hundreds of political points. How is the major regime limited in political points such as the player? Four such cards in the same turn? and done so routinely? This would indicate the major acts without similar limitations.

Send over a save game please where when i press next turn i'll get some of these rebels. I'll trace the code to see where they come from.

Thanks for helping out here once more.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 11
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/7/2020 6:30:32 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

Send over a save game please where when i press next turn i'll get some of these rebels. I'll trace the code to see where they come from.

Thanks for helping out here once more.

All of the savegames were sent via link when I posted these problems. Did you receive the email?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 12
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/8/2020 8:02:33 AM   
Vic

Seems some Zones have really low happiness and loyalty explaining these rebels.

Post #: 13
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/13/2020 10:26:37 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

Seems some Zones have really low happiness and loyalty explaining these rebels.

No, that's wrong. There are many examples throughout the savegames where this was not the case at all.

If you have an unpublished way of exporting the Decision and Stratagem Archive to a csv file, I can provide more specific data. Nonetheless, a check there will verify my assertions.

For example, a quick check of Turn 133. Rebels in Lates. Given the data, not a zone in the throws of rebellion. This kind of RNG harassment is evident throughout.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/13/2020 10:36:03 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 14
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/14/2020 3:57:11 AM   
Malevolence

How about this? Three rebellions? I'm looking at those happiness numbers and thinking this clockwork doesn't run like you think it does.

Just turn it off. It's stupid.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/14/2020 3:59:49 AM >

Post #: 15
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/18/2020 10:32:02 AM   
Vic

Checked it up.

Persecuted Anima followers are leaving the pop/worker pools and joining the Rebels.

best wishes,
Vic

Post #: 16
RE: [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event - 9/21/2020 2:38:44 AM   
Malevolence

First it was a major regime stratagem, then it was zone happiness and loyalty. Now it's cults.

Perhaps adding the proper reason to the event text would make this clear for all of us. Hopefully this bug is fixed with the same rapidity the workaround was fixed.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/21/2020 2:39:20 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.05b1] Rebels in zone event Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI