Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.05b1] Model development arbitrary costs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.05b1] Model development arbitrary costs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.05b1] Model development arbitrary costs - 9/3/2020 7:44:01 PM   
Malevolence

Per the image, the model development costs appear arbitrary. No information is provided as to why BP costs change, both increasing and decreasing randomly each turn. The manual does state new designs cost more, but those higher costs also increase and decrease at random.

Device is Windows 10 Pro 64bit, version 2004 (v19041.421), Intel i7-1065G7 1.30Ghz, 16GB RAM. It is a Surface Pro 7, connected to 2560x1600 display monitor via USB-C. Intel Iris Plus integrated graphics.

For reference, Game Build v 1.05-beta1; Scenario Build 1.05-beta1; Last Game Build used 1.05-beta1; Scenario Version Number #53.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 9/3/2020 7:45:16 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.05b1] Model development arbitrary costs - 9/4/2020 11:46:15 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Expect for the M-8A2 Dragoon II, which is a 2nd iteration, all those models appear to be the first one in their respective design line. Every time you develop a brand new design, the cost of creating another brand new one increases, and every time you build upon an existing design, the cost of developing another iteration of that specific design increases. The BP costs in that screenshot appear perfectly normal given this mechanic.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.05b1] Model development arbitrary costs - 9/7/2020 6:43:34 PM   
Malevolence

As stated, these costs rise and fall at seemingly random times.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.05b1] Model development arbitrary costs - 9/7/2020 11:39:32 PM   
HansLemurson

There are two separate costs: The cost of Developing a New Model, and the costs of Revising an existing Model.

In your picture, you have Developed four different APC designs, and one of them, the M-8A2 Dragoon, has received a prior Revision, and thus shows as a Mark II model and has a higher BP cost for revisions.

I've attempted to chart out the cost increases for new models and revisions here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4868386

I have been unable to find this information in the Manual, but the pattern seems to be consistent and predictable. (Model #5 is apparently has a development cost of 34x the Base Cost for that unit class, I'll have to add that to my post)

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.05b1] Model development arbitrary costs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI