Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 1:53:27 PM   
ernieschwitz

I just finished uploading a surprise for you all.

It's the ATG Classics 12 Pack. Now what is this?

It is 12 Scenarios in one ATZip. In other words 12 scenarios for ATG. They are all made so the are compatible with the ANewDawn 3 masterfile. That means they all include Officers, TO&E and Models. Some I even enabled weather in.

This wasn't just a simple cut and paste process, as the masterfile for AT Classic isn't especially compatible with the masterfile for ANewDawn 3. Rather it was a long process where I had to have two or more programs open at the same time.

In Short order the Scenarios are as follows:

Even Steven Scenarios:
Clash of Steel
PBEM Duel
Two Roads

Fictional Scenarios:
A House divided
Blitzkrieg
Religious Wars
Risk for Three
The Last Stand

And here is another surprise for all of you, the last 4 scenarios are conversions from People's Tactics. Vic's first game:

Old Scenarios:
Balkin Bloodbath
Battle for the Center
Gebirgskirche
Operation Sea Otter

More details of each scenario below.

They can all be found here: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=304

They will unpack to the folder New_Classics, where you keep your scenarios.

Post #: 1
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 1:56:32 PM   
ernieschwitz

Clash of Steel

A scenario based on the idea behind the battle of Kursk. Both players are starting an offensive, trying to win convincingly against their Opponent.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 2
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 1:59:08 PM   
ernieschwitz

PBEM Duel

A true Even Steven scenario (Meaning starts are even for both players). This one is originally a People's Tactics scenario, but it was converted, by Vic, to be an AT Classic scenario. Both players try to win, in this battle. Of course just because it is called PBEM Duel, doesn't mean you cannot play it solo against the AI.

EDIT: Oh and notice the Easter Egg, of the name of one of the Players Capitol. :)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:02:03 PM   
ernieschwitz

Two Roads

Another Even Steven scenario. Two Roads (or perhaps four roads would have been a more appropriate title) lead to the enemies Production Area. Officers can be recruited, models of tanks made, and a TO&E can be assigned. Will it help you? Find out!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:04:29 PM   
ernieschwitz

A House Divided

Formerly known as The 2nd Civil War... but I already made a Scenario with that name. So I had to rename it.

Central government has collapsed in the USA. The leaders of six different cities want to be the new "King of USA". Who will it be?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:07:22 PM   
ernieschwitz

Blitzkrieg

A Scenario I really enjoyed playing. The Groschken Reich wants the lands that the Atlantic Federation owns. They have planned to go to War.. their opponents are not really ready, but have the advantage of being able to outproduce their opponent. It is a race against the clock for the Groschken Reich.

Also note the mission Graphic. Very similar to the one used in People's Tactics.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:10:39 PM   
ernieschwitz

Religious Wars

Formerly the Scenario known as "End of a Union". Which had the EU face down a force for the Caliphate from the South, and an aggressive Russian Authoritatian regime, intent on getting in on the fun.

It was changed because the map, well, it lacked the British Isles, and Ireland. So I had a bit of fun, renaming cities. Now it is a scenario where the Caliphate tries to attack the Papal Monarchy and the Orthodox Empire wants in on this crusade too.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:13:59 PM   
ernieschwitz

Risk for Three

Probably one of the more strange scenarios, but it works. The map is the world, and the players start out with an equal footing. One in Southern Africa, One in Southern South America, and the last player in Indonesia. The goal is to take most of the map. Unlike the boardgame RISK, here you have the full range of stuff that A New Dawn 3 allows you to have (Officers, models and TO&E).

I also programmed a twist, where you can get the Special Researches for each people, by conquering certain cities.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:16:42 PM   
ernieschwitz

The Last Stamd

I had a bit of fun playing this one, as well as making it. The original one had both players playing nations that were non-descript. It was sort of a training exercise. Now there are live bullets! As the Sun Empire (a Japanese nation) takes on the Island Kingdom (An Anglosaxon one).

Game finishes when the Sun Empire conquers all VPs, or when turn 15 is reached, and then the Island Kingdom wins. Fun stuff!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:20:27 PM   
ernieschwitz

Now to the People's tactics conversions!

Balkin Bloodbath

Originally named Eastron Bloodbath, cause of the people called the Eastrons in People's Tactics. These were a sort of Russians. In this Scenario they are too, but I changed the name to Balkin Bloodbath, to better represent that it was Balkan people fighting against each other. Something I think many more people can relate to. Oh, and it is called Balkin on purpose, not Balkan. This is because I once saw someone repeatedly calling the Balkans the Balkins. A sort of memory I wanted to share.

The 4 players are in an equal amount of trouble here. Also the map was enlarged to 30x30 instead of 20x20, which seemed too small for a proper skirmish.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 10
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:22:11 PM   
ernieschwitz

Battle for the Center

A pretty small scenario, where each nation tries to conquer the very large city in the center, and hold it, until they can defeat their opponent. It is an even steven scenario, I would like to believe.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 11
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:24:37 PM   
ernieschwitz

Gebirgskirche

The dukedom of Belzau tries to dominate the area around Gebirgskirche, a city near the center, while their opponents try to do much the same. I tried this scenario out, and believe me, the AI in this is no pushover! Even if you choose to play the easiest of the three nations (the Dukedom).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:28:09 PM   
ernieschwitz

Operation Sea Otter

Perhaps the favorite of the bunch for me. The tongue in cheek name, and the alluding to Operation Sea Lion had me smiling. The Groschken Reich tries to invade the Island Kingdom, after having defeated them on the mainland. Will you succeed? The Island Kingdom has a better surface fleet, while the Groschken Reich has a uboat fleet. The Groschkeners need to get their forces to the other side of the Channel... can they really do it, take the Island Kingdom?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 13
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 2:31:25 PM   
ernieschwitz

A note:

Maps are a one to one representation where possible. This means that while I could have used more and different landscape types, I chose not to, in respect to the original map maker (Vic). If you wish to change it. You can of course do so. That's why there is an editor :)

I may make other scenario conversions, but it will be a while, since I got a bad shoulder doing all this (who knew clicking and shoulders connected in that way?). These were the low hanging fruits however. The maps were doable, without taking too much time, and the extra coding needed was minimal.

I hope you enjoy these scenarios as much or more than I did making them!

Post #: 14
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/3/2020 5:54:40 PM   
cpdeyoung

Such a nice surprise!

Thanks to our friend and mod maker extraordinaire!

"Risk for Three" has been a favorite recreation for quite awhile.

Chuck

Post #: 15
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/4/2020 3:16:12 AM   
GaryChildress

Nice!

(in reply to cpdeyoung)
Post #: 16
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 9/5/2020 6:41:33 AM   
nikdav

Very good job !

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 17
RE: A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) - 10/14/2020 6:52:26 AM   
eddieballgame

Outstanding & thank you.

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> A Surprise (Classic 12 Pack) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI