From: The Netherlands
We have updated Victory and Glory to 1.03. This update brings some updated game rules, interface and AI tweaks, and general (compatibility) fixes. The full changelog can be found below, please let us know what you think.
Either use the Check for updates button or grab the patch installer from the games download sections, or by clicking here.
v1.03 – August 24, 2020
• New Naval Rules – a player may retreat after one round of Naval combat. The rules for
the assessment of damage have been revised, and ships can now be routed during
naval battles. The help system topic Naval Battles has been updated to explain the new
• Armies now receive a Generic General at the start of each turn to allow any army to
move if that army doesn't have a permanent leader in it. Redundant generic leaders are
removed at the same time. This doesn't include armies that are created during a player’s
• Some minor interface improvements in scrolling and zooming, including a Scroll To
Mouse Cursor setting in the Controls & Preferences menu. This is used when scrolling
the map with the mouse wheel.
• Small improvements in AI Battle Logic.
• Revise cleanup and placement of neutral forces that occurs when the Treaty of Tilsit card
is played, and also correct an error in the validation of the card play.
• Correct error in retreat procedures for armies which contain Partisan units.
• Zoom In/Zoom Out keys were reversed. They now conform to the usual layout.
• Improvements in the game’s startup sequence and logging and more robust
configuration options when needed for tech support.
• Updated runtime for better compatibility with Windows 8, 8.1, and 10.
• Several Minor Bug Fixes.
< Message edited by Surtur -- 9/3/2020 12:47:41 PM >