Hello CMO community!
I am a newcomer to your community and something of a video maker in my spare time. I’ve always maintained an interest in modern warfare and have wanted to launch a video series on the topic.
CMO seems like the ideal game to model operational combat and I’m eager to incorporate the game in my videos to give the audience a sense of the ‘grand scale’ picture. I’m still in the early stages of planning the video and have encountered a number of technical difficulties.
While CMO is certainly powerful for modelling combat, there has been a number of technical issues that is preventing seamless filming/display capture, I’ve listed the issues I’ve encountered so far. If anyone more technically capable here has encountered any of these issues or can suggest a workaround I’d love to hear your input.
Here goes my issues:
1. TacView Issues – TacView works fairly inconsistently for me.
• Newly spawned ‘objects’ such as missiles from SAMs or aircraft frequently show up ingame but does not update into TacView. I typically have to close TacView and open it back up in order to updates the new objects to appear into TacView. This prevents continuous display capture and is not ideal.
• Most non-Sam buildings do not show up in TacView at all, is this intended?
• Is there any way to change various parameters in Tacview? As an example, can I make one side display their units as permanently Blue and the other side as permanently Red? As it stands, the units will change their color every time I switch sides, having a permanent ‘Red Team’ and ‘Blue Team’ will result in less confusion for a potential audience.
• The game seems to struggle whenever TacView is on and there are more than a dozen units in game. Is this either due to my older operating system (Win7) or older computer specs? (4690k, gtx 980, 8 gigs ram), if it is spec related, what should I upgrade to see most improvement?
2. Would it be possible to replace certain ingame icons (for example, all the aircraft in the game are represented by the same aircraft icon). Does such a mod exist or could someone point me to certain CMO Program Files I can modify to achieve the same effect?
3. Is there any easy way to display capture the game in full screen without the top interface specifically? I want to use the game as a ‘grand minimap’ and the top interface in particularly is distracting. I can cobble a workaround by capturing only part of the screen with OBS but it is once again a non-ideal workaround.
Thanks in advance for responding. Any advice would be a great help for my video project. If my project is of decent quality, perhaps it will pop up in your feeds someday and give CMO a modest boost of well-deserved attention!
< Message edited by HypOps -- 9/2/2020 10:07:09 PM >