Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Abstracted logistics for greater player satisfaction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Abstracted logistics for greater player satisfaction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Abstracted logistics for greater player satisfaction - 8/30/2020 3:14:44 AM   
Philo32b

I have won games already and eagerly consume information about the game. I really love many aspects of this game. I read the manual. I have been playing Advanced Tactics Gold for years. I should understand the logistics part of the game, and yet this is still the most frustrating part of the game for me, the part that makes me not want to play it again. Even if I upgrade both my rail and train stations to the maximum level I can in the SHQ city, even if do everything I can for the logistic system for my empire, I can't seem to avoid major logistical problems for my armies when major wars pop up. (Or even when there are no major wars.)

I never had this kind of frustration for Advanced Tactics Gold's supply chain. It seems as though something needs to radically change with the logistics in Shadow Empires. I feel as though it needs to be much, much more simplified. The information seems to be there, but it is crazy detailed and complicated, so that I lose the sight of the forest for the trees. I really want to keep playing this game, but every time I open up the Bottleneck tool, I feel the urge to close the game forever.

Why not abstract the logistics? Here is a possibility: Each asset and unit requires x amount of logistical points. Each train station and rail station generates y amount of logistical points. If the assets and units are connected to the logistical chain AND if the sum of y is greater than the sum of x, then there are no logistical problems. This would let the players focus on the fun parts of the game without getting frustrated by the less fun parts of the game. Dirt roads, paved roads, and railroads could each give a percentage subtraction to the y value depending on how much of the logistical chain is made up of them (100% of dirt roads --> y * 0.5 and 100% of railroads y * 1.0, for example). With this abstracted system, players would be benefited by implementing as much railroads as possible, but they wouldn't have to micromanage this or that little part of the logistical chain.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Abstracted logistics for greater player satisfaction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI