Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Placement of Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> Random Placement of Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Placement of Units - 8/29/2020 9:28:29 PM   
vettim89

I am working on a scenario where I want one side to have randomly place units. I think it will be best to have this as a function because I will want to use it repeatedly.

I want to set a series of boxes (let's call them 'zones") around an objective. On an irregular schedule I want units to spawn in these zones. I want the zones to be random and the units to be randomly placed within the zones.

For example: there are four zones called 'zone A', 'zone B', 'zone C', and 'zone D'. I will want the function to randomly select one of the zones then randomly place the desired units within the map reference points defined for the selected zone.

I have some ideas on how to do this but as I am not a programmer by trade I thought I would throw this out for the board.

"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Lua Legion >> Random Placement of Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI