STAR WARS Universe (1.2)
Info: 1.2 is released!
The aim of this mod is to add as many species from the Star Wars universe to Distant Worlds as possible and, additionally, a lot of flavour around them.
Here is an updated and complete feature overview:
Wookiees, Hutts, Chiss and all your favorite species from the Star Wars universe!
There are currently 50+ species I plan to add in the future so there is lots of content for future updates.
Thrawn, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Han Solo, Chewbacca and many more! Every species except for the Killik has at least 2 to 3 unique heroes.
Characters are sorted by species so if you want to, for example, have General Grievous command your fleets you need to play as Kaleesh.
Criminal Syndicate, Caste System, Clan Community, Aristocracy (All are species specific)
Corporate Nationalism now is available for all species.
Ryll Spice, Quarren Glass, Death Sticks, Sansanna Spice, Potwa Beer, Bacta and even some new strategic ressources
+5 Race families
Ichthyoid, Cetacea, Gastropod, Proboscidean, Avian
50 shipsets and unique troops for each species
My plan was to add a unique shipset for every species but it turned out that there can only be 50 shipsets max...
This means there will be duplicates but with so many species there will still be A LOT of variety.
Troop images are mostly recolored versions of the vanilla troop sets but some are customized like the Gungans.
Galactic Republic, CIS, Galactic Empire, Rebellion, Chiss Empire, Gungans, Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium, Techno Union, Commerce Guild,
Pyke Syndicate, Trade Federation, Hutt Cartel, Black Sun Syndicate, Zann Consortium, Mandalorians, Jedi Order, New Order and Sith Order
Galactopedia entries for everything added
All species, governments and ressources have their own Galactopedia entry with informations from Wookieepedia.com (great site btw) for you to explore.
Original star system names from the Star Wars universe
I don't know how many exactly but easily 2000 - 3000 unique star names.
- Lower speed and range mod
- Capitals Expanded
- parts of the Enhanced images mod
- Kalthaniell's Shipyards for most of the shipsets
Last Update (14/12/2020)
The Force Update
- Chiss, Falleen, Gamorreans, Gossam, Mandalorians, Shistavanen, Skakoan, Trandoshan, Twi'leks and Weequay are more aggresive
- Chiss, Gossam and Skakoan are more likely to form alliances and accepts treaties
- Mandalorians, Shistavanen, Trandoshan, Twi'leks and Weequays are less likely to form alliances and accepts treaties
- Twi'leks are more cautious
- Hutts, Pyke, Rodians and Umbarans are less aggresive
- Kaleesh are more intelligent
- Anx are more cautious, intelligent and loyal and less aggresive
- Ashoka Tano (Togruta) and Luke Skywalker (Human) are now Jedi characters instead of their respective species
- Updated some of the custom resource icons so they don't have a black background anymore
- Replaced the image of Bacta (luxury ressource) with a bigger version to use in the pop up when discovering it
- Fixed research cost for the projects "State-funded Smuggling Rings" and "Galactic Black Market"
- Capacity of the Mercenary Weapons Plant is now 70,000
- 5 new species (Jedi, Sith, Chagrian, Nautolan, Iktotchi)
- New ressources:
>>> 'Kyber Crystals' (strategic ressource found on continental/swamp/ocean/desert worlds. used for super weapons and exclusive Jedi and Sith tech)
>>> 'Lommite Ore' (strategic ressource found on continental/desert/volcanic worlds. used for basic armor types, boarding modules and early Starfighters)
>>> 'Meleenium' (Strategic ressource found on continental/ocean worlds. used for advanced armor types and advanced cargo/passenger/troop modules)
>>> 'Doonium' (Strategic ressource found on continental/swamp/barren worlds and asteroids. Used for production components, repair modules and construction yards)
- New wonders:
>>> Great Jedi Temple (Victory Condition for Jedi)
>>> Sith Sanctum (Victory Condition for Sith)
- Added new components:
>>> Force Long Range Scanners (exclusive to Jedi)
>>> Force Bombardment (exclusive to Sith)
- Added flags of the Jedi Order, Sith Order and New Order
How to start:
The standard Distant Worlds story events won't work with this mod.
1. In the timeline screen when creating a new game select "Play game as custom standard empire" or the custom pirate faction equivalent. Everything else won't work
2. In the victory conditions screen on the left side unselect all event options except "Enable disasters and other events" and "Enable race-specific Events". Only those two will work!
All other options are working as usual. Some will probably experience that you can add as many AI opponents as there are species available (currently 61). The game still works with that many AIs (even on my somewhat old laptop) but the Galaxy will take some time to generate, the balance could be off and in the late game you could run into performance problems and crashes if you do this. If you like to play with a lot of AI opponents I suggest to set their number to something around 30. That will fill up the galaxy quite good but without creating to many 'zombie empires'.
Version 1.0 (26/08/2020)
Version 1.1 (05/09/2020)
Version 1.1.2 (13/09/2020)
Version 1.2 (14/12/2020)
< Message edited by NukaBoy -- 12/15/2020 10:43:40 AM >