Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Models should not be an Obstacle to Field Testing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> New Models should not be an Obstacle to Field Testing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Models should not be an Obstacle to Field Testing - 8/27/2020 7:00:54 AM   
HansLemurson

When you develop a mk-III model, it incorporates all of the field-testing the mk-II had accumulated up to that point. This is good. It also makes sense that further usage of the mk-II wouldn't contribute to the mk-III's design because they are like bug-reports from an out-of-date patch.

But.

Suppose you design a mk-III model, and for whatever reason you do not deploy it. Maybe you had a resource shortage and couldn't affort to replace the mk-II. Maybe you made the mk-III super-heavy and don't have the fuel to use it. Maybe you realized you shouldn't have thinned its armor so much for weight, and are waiting for Polymer Armor to research before investing in a new model. The reason doesn't matter. The mk-III never deployed, and the mk-II has endured in the field for a generation longer than intended.

What happens when you design the mk-IV? Its base design is the same as the premature mk-III despite the years of additional field-testing the mk-II has undergone. But the mk-III never existed! Why can the mk-IV not be based on the 80% field-testing of the mk-II rather than inheriting the paltry 20% that the mk-III took on?

But you can't. You're stuck. You're literally worse off in nearly every way now for having developed a premature mk-III.

Surely there must be some way to rectify this situation.
-Option to erase unbuilt model versions?
-Base new designs off of older models?
-Older models contribute a fraction of their field-testing to new models?

As it currently stands, you shouldn't design a new model until you have the resources already stockpiled to immediately replace all of your old vehicles from front-line duty. A slow roll-out wastes precious Field-Testing potential, weakening the next model.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> New Models should not be an Obstacle to Field Testing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI