Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI should avoid building roads over mountains

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> AI should avoid building roads over mountains Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI should avoid building roads over mountains - 8/27/2020 6:31:42 AM   
HansLemurson

When you cut the supply-road of an AI Major, it will immediately build a dirt road around the gap to reconnect its units to supply. Players can do this too, but it is expensive in Industrial Points.

The AI however gets to build roads for free, spams roads all over the place, and cares nothing for the construction cost. If you cut the road running through a valley but fail to encircle the enemy forces, then the AI will happily build a dirt road through layers of mountains high and low in order to reconnect its forces.

I understand why the AI is allowed to build roads for free, but I think they should be restrained by mountains in a similar way to the player. It looks quite bad to have the AI casually drop down what must cost over 2,000 IP worth of dirt roads to cross a mountain range, and could even open up an exploit where a player could artificially create a situation were the AI would complete an expensive mountain road for them for free.

TLDR; AI should not freely build roads across mountain ranges.
Post #: 1
RE: AI should avoid building roads over mountains - 8/27/2020 9:29:17 AM   
stryc

It would be nice if the AI didn't get several truck-loads of free passes re the Logistics system in general. It goes a lot deeper than merely free dirt roads.

Thread refers: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4874029

(in reply to HansLemurson)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> AI should avoid building roads over mountains Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI