Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.05b1] Retirement offers have wrong effect on seniority

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.05b1] Retirement offers have wrong effect on seniority Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.05b1] Retirement offers have wrong effect on seniority - 8/27/2020 12:20:59 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

The scenario I've reproduced this issue in was originally started in version 1.04b11.

According to their tooltips, the retirement stratagems are, if refused, supposed to reduce the target's seniority by 25% for Bronze Retirement, 50% for Silver Retirement and 75% for Golden Retirement. However, this is completely inconsistent with their actual effects.

When checking the target's personnel file before and after applying the strategem, I have yet to see any of the cards reduce a target's seniority by anywhere near the advertised percentage. However, the value for seniority loss displayed on the popup the game showns after applying the strategem tends to be heavily inflated, often above and beyond the percentage stated in the tooltip and greater than the target's actual original seniority score.

It appears the seniority of leaders targeted for Bronze Retirement sometimes actually increases instead of being reduced, in which case I have seen the popup report a seniority decrease of 0.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.05b1] Retirement offers have wrong effect on sen... - 8/27/2020 1:52:31 PM   
Vic

There is actually a difference between Seniority Points and Seniority Rank.

The Seniority Rank is the position the Seniority the Leader has compared to the other Leaders and is rated between 0-100. Seniority Points can be between 0-1000 or even more. The Stratagem reduces the Points, but the effect on the Rank# will be different.

Adding the points to the mouseover in the Leader Popup in upcoming beta2.

For example if you have
-Leader A ... 1230 Seniority Points
-Leader B ... 400 Seniority Points
-Leader C ... 102 Seniority Points

and you reduce leader A seniority points to 500. He will still have the highest Seniority Rank#.

best wishes,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 8/27/2020 1:54:11 PM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.05b1] Retirement offers have wrong effect on sen... - 8/28/2020 11:09:42 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

Okay, that makes a lot more sense. However... Is it intended that a character's seniority points can go into negative values? I noticed that this was the case with some characters when browsing seniority point values with the new beta patch, and I suspect it's the cause of the issue with seniority rank increasing instead of decreasing from a retirement strategem - if it's multiplying the seniority points by, say, 0.75 in case of Bronze Retirement, that would reduce the amount of negative seniority points and hence improve the character's rank in the seniority standings.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.05b1] Retirement offers have wrong effect on sen... - 9/1/2020 10:23:09 AM   
Vic

There was some non retirement related code that allowed seniority points to drop below 0.
well spotted.
will be fixed upcoming patch.
thanks for persisting!

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.05b1] Retirement offers have wrong effect on seniority Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI