Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Upgraded units requiring additional same material

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Upgraded units requiring additional same material Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Upgraded units requiring additional same material - 8/23/2020 4:39:05 PM   
Philo32b

I upgraded some of my infantry to Battledress with automatic weapons, spending machine resources to do get the Battledress armor. Later I wanted to upgrade that same unit to Battledress with Gauss Rifle. I was required to spend more machine resources to upgrade this unit to go from the automatic weapons to Gauss Rifle.

Shouldn't this unit, which already has Battledress, not have to pay more machine resources to get Gauss Rifle? It doesn't make sense to me that the unit has to spend machine resources when they already have Battledress.

By the way, I love this game!
Post #: 1
RE: Upgraded units requiring additional same material - 8/23/2020 8:06:09 PM   
Clux

If I'm not mistaken, thats done on purpose, as it says on the manual than its more expensive in the long term to "upgrade" units instead of "replacing" them.

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 2
RE: Upgraded units requiring additional same material - 8/23/2020 9:42:07 PM   
Philo32b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux

If I'm not mistaken, thats done on purpose, as it says on the manual than its more expensive in the long term to "upgrade" units instead of "replacing" them.

Thank you for reminding me I should have gone to the manual--I should have done that first. But reviewing the manual raises a problem. The manual says that the cost of the upgrade should be the cost difference between the two model versions, plus 33%. The example given in the manual gives 10 metal for mk I and 20 metal for mk II. Upgrading a mk I to mk II of this model would be 10 metal plus 3 = 13 metal. But in my case with machine resources the cost difference between mk I (one machine) and mk II (one machine) is zero. (There are some additional costs in metal and IP, of course.) So by the manual, there should be no additional cost in machine resources.

Have I missed something here?

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 3
RE: Upgraded units requiring additional same material - 8/24/2020 6:58:42 AM   
Falke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Philo32b

Have I missed something here?

The cost is the difference plus 33% of the new model, not 33% of the difference.

(20-10) + .33x20 = 16.66

So you should be having machine costs

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 4
RE: Upgraded units requiring additional same material - 8/24/2020 12:22:19 PM   
Philo32b

Thanks for the reply.

New Cost - Old Cost = Cost Difference.
New Cost * 33% = Additional Cost
Upgrade Cost = Cost Difference + Additional Cost

A new cost of 1 machine minus an old cost of 1 machine is zero machines. The new cost of 1 machine multiplied by 33% is 0.33 of a machine. The game could round up, but that is harsher than other upgrades with metal and IP, and it is also to me nonsensical--the infantry guy's armor is already built up (in a cool graphical way, too)... why should we charge him to rebuild all of that armor again just to change his weapon from automatic rifle to gauss rifle?

In preparing this post I was going to give my example with all of the metal and IP costs, and I then realized that the game is charging the full price of the new model instead of the upgrade cost. At least in my game if you upgrade a unit (in this case infantry) you are basically building the unit from scratch. That seems like a bug, so I will post this in the tech support forum.

< Message edited by Philo32b -- 8/24/2020 12:36:09 PM >

(in reply to Falke)
Post #: 5
RE: Upgraded units requiring additional same material - 8/24/2020 2:19:15 PM   
Falke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Philo32b

why should we charge him to rebuild all of that armor again just to change his weapon from automatic rifle to gauss rifle?

The change in rifle will also involve changes in the armour. As a simple example magazines will have a different size, therefore requiring different ammo pouches.

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Upgraded units requiring additional same material Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI