Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis Morale vs Allied Morale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Axis Morale vs Allied Morale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/22/2020 7:44:19 PM   
Tanaka

Invade USA: Morale does not fall.
Invade UK: Morale does not fall.
Invade UK Commonwealths: Morale does not fall.

Invade Germany: Morale Falls.
Invade Italy: Morale Falls.

Fair? NOPE

Want to make the Pacific War mean something? If cities fall in UK Commonwealth/India/Australia/New Zealand/United States etc then morale should fall just as it does for Axis. Otherwise the Pacific War is just a backwater war and the only thing that matters is Russia.

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/22/2020 7:55:23 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/22/2020 9:05:35 PM   
FOARP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka
the Pacific War is just a backwater war and the only thing that matters is Russia.

In short, this is WW2. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/23/2020 4:24:55 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

One way to change, would just make a point system, per turn. Brought this up before.

1) Change NOTHING of the game
2) Change NOTHING of existing Victory conditions
3) Create a Point System to see how it works.

a) Every turn/month/whatever, there's a Tally made
b) Points are given for holding of specific location (Midway, Guadalcanal, Stalingrad, Whatever)
c) Points are given for killing specific enemy units: Big Red One, 4th Panzer, 101st Paratroops, Moscow Guards, Bismarck, Yamamoto, etc.
d) Points are given for specific actions: (U-boat raids on New York, Any rocket attack on London, Any Doolittle raid while Japs own certain Islands)

Devil still lying and accusing me
Trying to drag down what has been redeemed
But I'll stand my ground, stare into his face
And fight back with the power in Jesus' name, Jesus' name

(in reply to FOARP)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/23/2020 5:44:29 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

One way to change, would just make a point system, per turn. Brought this up before.

1) Change NOTHING of the game
2) Change NOTHING of existing Victory conditions
3) Create a Point System to see how it works.

a) Every turn/month/whatever, there's a Tally made
b) Points are given for holding of specific location (Midway, Guadalcanal, Stalingrad, Whatever)
c) Points are given for killing specific enemy units: Big Red One, 4th Panzer, 101st Paratroops, Moscow Guards, Bismarck, Yamamoto, etc.
d) Points are given for specific actions: (U-boat raids on New York, Any rocket attack on London, Any Doolittle raid while Japs own certain Islands)

Some very cool ideas here I like this. Something has to give actions meaning otherwise what is the point? In my current game as Axis I have invaded Australia, the United States, India, Russia, all as Japan and it does nothing to Allied morale. I have one or two cities invaded and it destroys all of my fighting spirit. Makes no sense...

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 4
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/23/2020 5:45:51 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: FOARP

quote:

the Pacific War is just a backwater war and the only thing that matters is Russia.

In short, this is WW2. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Great discussion thanks!!

(in reply to FOARP)
Post #: 5
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/23/2020 6:21:35 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Agree 100% The Risk/Reward of Australia could use a tweak. I don't know the historical record of Aussies getting into the fight, but England rarely uses their forces. Well, they Ships 80% of the time head to Italy. The Aussie-HQ + Special Forces are expensive to move, the Brits have to use their cash to help save Russia instead.

Devil still lying and accusing me
Trying to drag down what has been redeemed
But I'll stand my ground, stare into his face
And fight back with the power in Jesus' name, Jesus' name

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 6
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/23/2020 4:48:11 PM   
Elessar2

I can't remember if that all is hard-coded or scriptable. Yes: I believe in the editor you can designate specific cities as morale centers.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 7
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/23/2020 7:57:47 PM   
ThunderLizard2

Australia is irrelevant ATM. I've had opponents invade twice and once successfully but it accomplished very little. I also think Allies should suffer morale dip if invasion of France fails and they are pushed back into the ocean.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 8
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/23/2020 10:08:14 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: ThunderLizard2

Australia is irrelevant ATM. I've had opponents invade twice and once successfully but it accomplished very little. I also think Allies should suffer morale dip if invasion of France fails and they are pushed back into the ocean.

Yes there is no point in invading any allied countries at all. If you do they just get all these spammed new troops. No upside at all. Can anyone name anything that does give Allied morale dip other than sinking ships?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/23/2020 10:12:17 PM >

(in reply to ThunderLizard2)
Post #: 9
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/23/2020 11:59:24 PM   
ThunderLizard2

quote:

quote:

Yes there is no point in invading any allied countries at all. If you do they just get all these spammed new troops. No upside at all. Can anyone name anything that does give Allied morale dip other than sinking ships?

Other than a few like taking London and Wake that's correct.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 10
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/26/2020 6:18:45 AM   
Aussiematto

Am feeling this is a great thread and a great opportunity for new developments. If you also add in ways for countries to sandbag morale (thinking SC:WWI - use of MPPs) as well as more ways to lose morale? I also think that you could model morale losses this way - large loss upon occurence of truly major event (loss of Singapore). But, over time, there is recovery from that specific event (possibly randomised). That fits w historical pattern and is not unlike the "French morale improves as war goes on" event.

historical: when faced w impending invasion in Northern Australia, Aussie government plan was to abandon the north and fight from northern NSW on the so-called "Brisbane Line" (south of / anchored on Brisbane). This would have been a major embarrassment; the thought of it suggests government was shaken enough to contemplate major loss of land / people. Bombing of Darwin is another example. It did absolutely nothing militarily but rattled the bejesus out of Aussies. But, after a while, bombing of Darwin was a morale builder (bit like the Blitz).

I still remember cardboard!

Post #: 11
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/26/2020 6:23:58 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

quote:

Other than a few like taking London and Wake that's correct.

Ok so taking Wake causes a morale drop but taking Pearl Harbor, Alaska, Australia, and San Diego like I did in my MP game does nothing? SMH My opponent can literally ignore it and focus on Germany and Italy.

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 8/26/2020 6:27:13 AM >

Post #: 12
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/26/2020 10:46:17 AM   
BillRunacre

There are some National Morale objectives on the map, e.g. if Hawaii falls then Japanese NM rises by 5,000 points and the US falls by 10,000, and if the Japanese seize Canberra then their NM rises by 2,500 points.

Also bear in mind that occupying the resources of an enemy Major will increase your NM every turn while also reducing that Major's by the same amount, in accordance with the NM value of that resource.

Whether this is the route to win the war is another matter, but it can have some impact.

< Message edited by BillRunacre -- 8/26/2020 10:49:02 AM >

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 13
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/26/2020 4:54:30 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

There are some National Morale objectives on the map, e.g. if Hawaii falls then Japanese NM rises by 5,000 points and the US falls by 10,000, and if the Japanese seize Canberra then their NM rises by 2,500 points.

Also bear in mind that occupying the resources of an enemy Major will increase your NM every turn while also reducing that Major's by the same amount, in accordance with the NM value of that resource.

Whether this is the route to win the war is another matter, but it can have some impact.

Thanks Bill good to know there is some point to these invasions I hope some more will be included in the future!

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 14
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/27/2020 4:01:14 AM   
Aussiematto

Ahhh - this important point was not evident to me; thank you for the tip.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

Does this suggest, therefore, that there is some value in letting Italy capture things? Or is that too risky in the long run?

Post #: 15
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/27/2020 12:19:53 PM   
BillRunacre

Maybe, but remember that it is only territory directly forming part of a Major's country that counts in this respect, e.g. the UK proper. Capturing territory belonging to a minor doesn't count, although it can bring MPP benefits.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Aussiematto)
Post #: 16
RE: Axis Morale vs Allied Morale - 8/28/2020 1:35:01 AM   
Aussiematto

Gotcha - thanks!

Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Axis Morale vs Allied Morale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI