Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[TEASER] STAR WARS Universe 1.0 - Soon to be released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> [TEASER] STAR WARS Universe 1.0 - Soon to be released Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[TEASER] STAR WARS Universe 1.0 - Soon to be released - 8/20/2020 7:29:15 AM   
NukaBoy

I just need to collect my 10 posts here and wait an additional 7 days to be able to include links in my threads
Does anybody here know a way of circumventing this rule? I'm basically ready to release it now, this is the only thing that keeps me from posting it here (already have on Reddit).

Anyways I thought I could tease you a bit with this awesome mod I created so you are as pumped for it as possible.
Images will follow.

Here is a short feature overview:

51 Species
All your favorite species from the SW Universe (except Ewoks, they will be added later)
I plan to add double the amount of species to the mod then currently included so it will be over 100 in the end! Same for characters and all the other stuff. Adding new technologies is also something I was thinking about as well as recreate the Star Wars Galaxy using the Map editor tool.

200+ Custom Character
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ashoka Tano, Kad Bane, General Grievous, the Skywalker and many more. Every species has at least 2 or 3 custom characters

Custom shipsets for every species
Most of them are from KALTHANIELL's Shipyard from the Matrix Forums and I have about 10 to 20 more for use with new species I will add

5 new race families
Ichthyoid, Cetacea, Gastropod, Proboscidean, Avian

4 new government forms
Caste System, Clan Community, Criminal Syndicate, Aristocracy

3 new ressources
Ryll Spice (Luxury), Death Sticks (Luxury), Quarren Glass (Luxury)

Included Mods
- Lower Speed and Range mod
- More Regional Capitals mod
- Parts of the Graphics Enhancement mod
Post #: 1
RE: [TEASER] STAR WARS Universe 1.0 - Soon to be released - 8/20/2020 11:14:52 AM   
LordMM

Brilliant work, great to know 6 years down the line people still making mods. I noticed you do not have the star wars shipsets. Wonder if you could take permission and borrow the shipsets from others or are you planning to make your own? Distant Worlds is absolutely perfect for star wars themed mod.

From the looks of it, you are planning a scenario on possibly the clone wars era? Judging from characters that I see.

Creating the map is going to be an immense work, especially if you are planning on a 1400 star map. It's going to be worth it in the end.

< Message edited by LordMM -- 8/20/2020 11:37:45 AM >

(in reply to NukaBoy)
Post #: 2
RE: [TEASER] STAR WARS Universe 1.0 - Soon to be released - 8/20/2020 11:33:40 AM   
Hyperion1

There are lot of Star Wars mod already, you plane to start from zero or use already existing assets?

(in reply to LordMM)
Post #: 3
RE: [TEASER] STAR WARS Universe 1.0 - Soon to be released - 8/20/2020 12:12:52 PM   
NukaBoy

quote:

Brilliant work, great to know 6 years down the line people still making mods. I noticed you do not have the star wars shipsets. Wonder if you could take permission and borrow the shipsets from others or are you planning to make your own? Distant Worlds is absolutely perfect for star wars themed mod.

From the looks of it, you are planning a scenario on possibly the clone wars era? Judging from characters that I see.

Creating the map is going to be an immense work, especially if you are planning on a 1400 star map. It's going to be worth it in the end.

I already asked for permission on the imperial ship set to use for the Chiss and I know that there is a rebel ship set too. Point is most of them don't really fit with the rest of the ship sets but whenever I find one I ask for permission and will include it if possible.

Scenarios are not planned right now but you sparked my interest. I'll think about it. The character aspect is completely decoupled from the Star Wars timelie though so you could have Obi Wan and Mara jade Skywalker at the same time if you are lucky

The map is something I definitely want to do but like you said this is such a big task it will probably become a project on its own. I found quite a good interactive Galaxy Map online and together with Wookiepedia and other sources everything I need is there I just need to find the motivation for it.

quote:

There are lot of Star Wars mod already, you plane to start from zero or use already existing assets?

I used already existing assets from Kathaniells Shipyard mainly. I have about 10 to 20 unused ones to include in the future.

Btw the mod is already done and ready to upload. I just need to wait an additional 7 days before I can post links in this forum.

If you want it already go to Reddit -> r/DistantWorlds. It's the top post currently and has a download link to the 1.0 Version.

< Message edited by NukaBoy -- 8/20/2020 12:13:43 PM >

(in reply to Hyperion1)
Post #: 4
RE: [TEASER] STAR WARS Universe 1.0 - Soon to be released - 9/3/2020 9:34:35 AM   
Hattori Hanzo

Excellent !!!!! 🎯♥️

(in reply to NukaBoy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> [TEASER] STAR WARS Universe 1.0 - Soon to be released Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI