Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Military research

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Military research Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Military research - 8/19/2020 4:28:50 AM   
blabonte99

Playing my last game I thought i was doing well so i declared on one of the other majors boy did i get my ass handed to me by some seriously advanced weaponry. What can i do to speed up weapons technology progression usually to 6o /40 split at the beginning of the game and move closer to 45/55 by midgame. What am i missing? More universitys? More budget? Please give me your thoughts.
Post #: 1
RE: Military research - 8/19/2020 5:31:59 AM   
Lovenought

1. Have a highly skilled person running Military Research. Capability level is probably more important than initial skill
2. Have a high relation with them. Easiest way to keep leaders happy is to focus on just 3 profiles, and make sure your government is ideologically pure.
3. Your government departments run on Bureacratic Points. These are earned from buildings like Command Palace and Bureacratic Offices, and you also get a few from your economy as tax. If you have only three departments and a mountain of BP, things go a lot faster than if you have all the Departments and a small amount of BP split between all of them.

(in reply to blabonte99)
Post #: 2
RE: Military research - 8/19/2020 1:28:12 PM   
DTurtle

Make sure you actually need that much in discovery. If nothing can be discovered, all those BP are just being gathered uselessly. I'm usually bouncing between 10%/90% and 50/50. Though you might also want to check just how much BP you are actually investing into research, as there is an increaingpenalty as you go voer 100 BP per turn. So you want to at the very least get to that 100 per turn relatively quickly.

Also look at what you actually want to research and discover. Researching 3 techs in a tech field unlocks the next tier. If you research braodly, there are lots of techs that you can discover, and it can be difficult to get those techs you actually want.

For example, depending on tech level, I usually try to get combat armor and then laser rifles as quickly as possible. The other tech I try to get quickly is polymer armor for tanks.

(in reply to Lovenought)
Post #: 3
RE: Military research - 8/22/2020 4:11:39 AM   
gmsitton

I start with 100% in Discovery until I've discovered 2-3 techs and always try to keep at least 25% of budget in Military Research. Once I've made a few discoveries and I'm ahead of the curve, I move to about 25% Discovery and 75% Research.

If you get the card with the Liquid Energy dude, put him in charge of the Military Research council.

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Military research Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI