As before, please have a clean separate installation of the game with the comprehensive v1.23.00 Beta update, and THEN copy the v1.23.06 Beta EXE file and \Setups folder into the game directory (it is the game executable and not an installer executable). The updated database data files are too large to include in the attachment; it really only changes the Swedish light fleet and French artillery morale so just ignore that for now; these will be included in the official comprehensive patch later.
Here is the change log for this update:
Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.06
- 0000099: [Game Enhancement] Please add the ability to add newly captured/ceded provinces or minors to New Political Combinations – resolved? (Create Kingdom function should now add province if applicable.)
- 0000247: [UI Enhancement] Detail trade listing – resolved (see updated TRADE summary in Nation's Statistics box).
- 0000506: [Game Bug] Display of die roll modifier changes on battle report – resolved.
- 0000823: [AI Enhancement] AI Great Britain Economics – resolved, for AI Great Britain blocking American trade with MPs it is at war with and for negotiating peace if at war with United States.
- 0000825: [AI Enhancement] AI Austria Insurrection Corps – resolved.
- Great Britain and United States not at war in 1812 - resolved.
- Pursuit after trivial combat not working - resolved.
- Attacks on depot sometimes not resolved as trivial combat - resolved.
- Retreats after combat do not also check for closest allied depots - resolved.
- French artillery morale is 2 but should be 4 - resolved, table data files updated.
- Autoforage enhancement - resolved; now autoforage only forages units that cannot pay for supply, all other units must manually forage or pay for supply.
- Single skip for naval phase not working - resolved.
- Combat screen does not properly center the battle map on the battle area - resolved.
- Artillery bombardment losses not recorded in combat log - resolved.
- Austrian Insurrection areas stop enemy movement even if no Insurrection units available - resolved.
- Unit name mouseover hint incorrectly shows "Click Here To Give Unit Orders" - resolved, now hint shows full unit name.
- 1812 scenario not creating the Confederation of the Rhine - resolved, and documentation updated with corrections.
- Garrisons and corps under siege that must forage roll not handled correctly for besiegers in some cases - resolved.
- AI enhancements for strategic advances and retreats - resolved.
- 1812 scenario setups for France updated for Baden, Hesse, and Wurttemburg corps and depots in Spain - resolved.
As before with v1.23.05, this version went through several iterations as Maple Leaf's pbem groups found various issues along the way. The good news is that the pbem games are progressing fairly well now, but the bad news is they are also reaching points where new issues arise. For example, Insurrection areas and kingdom units. Most all of these issues involving movement, combat, or supply are resolved now, and I have not had any problems reported in the past couple of weeks. This has allowed me time to work on some AI improvements and I think(?) adding new areas to active kingdoms should work now (this needs a test).
Let us see how this version plays and I will respond to game bug reports as they arise. Looking ahead to the final stretch, there are still some 1812 scenario updates to work on, so more feedback on the 1812 setup situations is needed. Again, I'd like to get a stable version running and the 1812 scenario updated so we can proceed to an official patch sometime in the next few months. We're close!!
Empires in Arms Development Team