From: Terrace, BC, Canada
There are a few things to note:
1. The methodology being described now will no longer be relevant after the next UPDATE to Middle East (after Vietnam is released)
2. In this scenario, only the Timsachim can carry vehicles.
3. You need have enough Strength Points in the carrying ferry/boat to carry the unit being crossed (6 SP Boats for 6 SP infantry)
4. You need to use the shallow hexes to load/unload from one side to the other. (moving the HQ from 30,43 to hex 30,41 - selecting both the HQ and the 2SP Timsachim so they are highlighted and then press the load button on the tool bar or CTRL + L)
5. You'll move the loaded Timsachim across the canal to the shallow hex and then unload (load button again or CTRL + L) when the unit has enough action points to do so.
6. Rinse, repeat.
Be wary of traffic jams
For the crewed boats, they are pretty much the same thing.
Move the crewed boat into the shallow hex
Move the infantry unit into the same hex and load it if it has enough action points.
Move it across the canal and unload
Be wary of traffic jams.
You can unload the rafts from the engineer trucks anywhere you want (I wouldn't leave them there as it will clog up the route to the ferries)
Move an infantry unit into the same hex as a raft and press load
Move the raft across the canal anywhere you wish and then unload when you're across.
You will NOT be able to reuse the rafts again though, so I would probably just leave them in the trucks and move them out of the way.
As noted above, there will be a relatively simpler procedure with the new UPDATE when it comes, from the lessons we've learned in developing the Vietnam game.