Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where Did Finland's CPs Go? Bug or Not?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Where Did Finland's CPs Go? Bug or Not? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where Did Finland's CPs Go? Bug or Not? - 8/17/2020 6:33:47 PM   
rkr1958

Here's the situation.

1. There's a winter war between Finland and the USSR that's initiated on turn 3 (Jan/Feb 1940) and which concludes during the peace step of that same tun.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 8/17/2020 6:40:58 PM >

Ronnie
Post #: 1
RE: Where Did Finland's CP Go? Bug or Not? - 8/17/2020 6:38:45 PM   
rkr1958

2. Germany then aligns Finland on the first impulse of turn 11, May/June 1941.

3. What happened to the Finnish CPs?

4. Are they suppose to be there?

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 2
RE: Where Did Finland's CP Go? Bug or Not? - 8/17/2020 6:40:40 PM   
rkr1958

I've included 2 game turns.

1. Turn 3 before the peace at preliminary production. This turn was being played with version 3.1.0.5

2. Turn 11 at the start of the axis impulse. This turn is being played with version 3.2.0.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 3
RE: Where Did Finland's CP Go? Bug or Not? - 8/17/2020 7:22:45 PM   
Orm

The Finnish CPs should have been removed when Finland went to peace, and return to be placed when Germany aligns Finland. I suspect that this is an error because in WIF the minor countries had no CPs of their own and the Finnish CPs to be placed where actually German CP markers and where thus treated as German units from that point on. But since MWIF include minor country CPs they should be treated as the other Finnish units, and be available for setup. That is in my humble opinion, of course. And without me looking at the save, and not completely sure if I understood the question correctly.

I also think that the two Finnish "NB" aircrafts available for setup when Finland enters the war for the second time should remain "NB" units and thus not be available for setup.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 4
RE: Where Did Finland's CP Go? Bug or Not? - 8/17/2020 8:37:23 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

The Finnish CPs should have been removed when Finland went to peace, and return to be placed when Germany aligns Finland. I suspect that this is an error because in WIF the minor countries had no CPs of their own and the Finnish CPs to be placed where actually German CP markers and where thus treated as German units from that point on. But since MWIF include minor country CPs they should be treated as the other Finnish units, and be available for setup. That is in my humble opinion, of course. And without me looking at the save, and not completely sure if I understood the question correctly.

I also think that the two Finnish "NB" aircrafts available for setup when Finland enters the war for the second time should remain "NB" units and thus not be available for setup.
Thanks Mr. Orm! I've included the two relevant game files if Steve wishes to take a look.

Ronnie

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Where Did Finland's CPs Go? Bug or Not? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI