Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval creeping past active warships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Naval creeping past active warships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval creeping past active warships - 8/17/2020 10:21:08 AM   
HarrySmith

Hi guys,
I love this game. An aspect that should be looked at is the ability for warships to creep hex by hex past enemy warships that have action points and havent had combat yet, to get to a carrier for example. It is nearly impossible unless you can have naval vessels in all hexes surrounding the carrier to screen it. I feel it should be any ship going past another ship it should automatically engage. Subs could be the exception and perhaps there could be a % chance of being engaged by a destroyer or PT boat. Also still feel all major commonwealth countries should declare war on Germany the first turn as that was reality.

On another note, have you guys thought about the possibility of a new game on a global scale in a more modern era? Maybe cold war or China without the use of newks as these would in effect make the game boring.
Post #: 1
RE: Naval creeping past active warships - 8/17/2020 11:43:35 AM   
Platoonist

There is a naval mod included in the game which gives naval task forces a "zone of control" in the surrounding hexes. It doesn't quite float some people's boat (so to speak) but you're welcome to try it.

(in reply to HarrySmith)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval creeping past active warships - 8/18/2020 3:12:04 AM   
ThunderLizard2

Agree - I thought devs mentioned they were going to add a "zone of control" for naval ships. Really needed.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Naval creeping past active warships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI