Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet rail repair

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet rail repair Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet rail repair - 8/17/2020 4:15:44 AM   
tomeck48

I'm playing the soviet side against the AI (trying to learn how to handle the Soviets). Version 1.12.05 Beta.
It's April '42. I have about 40 RR Construction Brigades with at least 90% TOE. I don't believe I get any controllable repair units like the Axis. But there doesn't seem to be much repairing going on. If I click on a unit in the Commander's Report it takes me to a brigade in the HQ that built it. Do I have to do something to turn them on?

Also, in the hot keys the ctrl 0-9 don't work as far as I can tell. The other hot keys seem to be fine.

And I know the AI isn't that great, but it's only my second soviet game. I have a lot to learn. Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet rail repair - 8/17/2020 5:29:21 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: tomeck48

I'm playing the soviet side against the AI (trying to learn how to handle the Soviets). Version 1.12.05 Beta.
It's April '42. I have about 40 RR Construction Brigades with at least 90% TOE. I don't believe I get any controllable repair units like the Axis. But there doesn't seem to be much repairing going on. If I click on a unit in the Commander's Report it takes me to a brigade in the HQ that built it. Do I have to do something to turn them on?

Also, in the hot keys the ctrl 0-9 don't work as far as I can tell. The other hot keys seem to be fine.

And I know the AI isn't that great, but it's only my second soviet game. I have a lot to learn. Thanks

HQs will only deploy const units up to their command range so they are best attached to Fronts or STAVKA and not Armies and certainly not corps. This is the same as the Germans.

Thr ctrl-# keys don't work if you have certain map display functions turned on so make sure they are all off and then try.

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet rail repair - 8/17/2020 4:13:19 PM   
eskuche

The control + # keys also don't work if you have a stack of non-combat units next to an enemy unit (as a result of moving off a combat unit from the stack). They will be highlighted red and preclude other highlighting.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet rail repair - 8/19/2020 4:02:26 PM   
Seminole

Another consideration is that the automated rail repair units have a limit upon which they will be placed from the front line. I'm sorry I don't recall it off the top of my head, but something like at least 5 hexes from the front line the AI won't auto repair in order to not put RR units at risk.

Soviets have to wait until they get on map RR units to repair up to the front line.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet rail repair - 8/19/2020 7:36:38 PM   
eskuche

5 hex from enemy should only apply till December ‘41

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet rail repair - 8/19/2020 9:24:25 PM   
tomeck48

Thanks to all. I'm in 1942 and now that I have them working they are actually getting in the way at the front line.

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 6
RE: Soviet rail repair - 8/20/2020 12:13:29 AM   
Telemecus

You can press return to HQ if they are getting in the way

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to tomeck48)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet rail repair Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI