Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

U-Boat Victory points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> U-Boat Victory points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
U-Boat Victory points - 8/16/2020 9:12:35 PM   
tonyscrase

I'm playing the allies in a campaign game but I don't understand how the negative U-Boat VP are calculated. The rules state

"During 1943 only, the damage percentage of U-Boat factories may result in the Western Allies scoring negative victory points during the Logistics Phase of the Allied turn equal to U-Boat point divided by 10. U-Boat points (UPs) are calculated by summing up the size (number of factory points) of all undamaged (less than one percent damage) U-Boat factories"

I assumed you added up all the factory points of undamaged factories and divided by 10. In my game there are 3 undamaged factories one 20 points and 2 of 1 point so I thought I should be charged (20+1+1)/10 = 2 but I was charged 6

Why is this
THANK YOU
Post #: 1
RE: U-Boat Victory points - 8/16/2020 11:10:53 PM   
GloriousRuse

My first bet would be that you are getting bad reports on the actual damage. Even with strategic recon, damage state accuracy is deliberately murky. If you're just relying on what the bombers tell you, well, good luck. They'll blow up a cow and claim they burnt down Berlin.

So odds are that several of the less damaged factories (especially if you haven't photo'd them in a touch) are in fact not damaged at all. Which is annoying when a five point factory is up. When a 32 point factory isn't actually down but you think it is...well, that why it's usually worth touching up the big ones every now and again to be sure.

(in reply to tonyscrase)
Post #: 2
RE: U-Boat Victory points - 9/15/2020 3:18:17 PM   
gw15

I have a related question about bombing u-boats. The last 2 turns I have instructed 8th AF to bomb Bremen where U-boat factories are but they only bomb manpower and a little other stuff. What am I doing wrong? I have recon going in before and after the bombing.

(in reply to GloriousRuse)
Post #: 3
RE: U-Boat Victory points - 9/16/2020 2:48:56 AM   
cfulbright

Are you sure you have UBoats selected in the strategic bombing Air Directives as the one and only target? It should be set to High and everything else to Ignore.

Cary

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 4
RE: U-Boat Victory points - 9/16/2020 7:22:33 PM   
gw15

Thanks. I was depending on the auto priority but I need to specify on the AD itself. So simple but I couldn't understand it.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 5
RE: U-Boat Victory points - 9/16/2020 8:15:34 PM   
cfulbright

Some people let the AI run the air campaign because it can be time-consuming. I enjoy managing it manually.

Cary

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> U-Boat Victory points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI