Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Alexandria Falls

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Alexandria Falls Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alexandria Falls - 8/16/2020 7:46:42 PM   
canuckgamer

In my current PBEM game I am the Axis. The Allies are attacking my forces around Tobruk but this past turn I used an amphibious assault with a special forces unit and took Alexandria which he had not garrisoned. Besides the hit on Britain's national morale, does this impact the supply situation of the Allied units in the Tobruk area? I am hoping that it does.
Post #: 1
RE: Alexandria Falls - 8/16/2020 8:34:45 PM   
Torplexed

quote:

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

In my current PBEM game I am the Axis. The Allies are attacking my forces around Tobruk but this past turn I used an amphibious assault with a special forces unit and took Alexandria which he had not garrisoned. Besides the hit on Britain's national morale, does this impact the supply situation of the Allied units in the Tobruk area? I am hoping that it does.

Sounds like his Royal Navy was taking shore leave.

I would think it hurt supply. The rail line that runs to El Alamein goes through Alexandria. Your opponents supply numbers at the front should take a hit. But then, the supply situation in North Africa is rarely ideal in the best of times.

I suppose one way to find out for yourself is to start a solitaire hotseat game about the same period your game is in. Since you control both sides, move units around Tobruk into approximately the positions they are in your game. Due to fog of war you can only guess at some. Then land an Axis unit in Alexandria and then check the numbers to see what happens to Allied supply levels at the front in Libya in the Allied turn.

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Alexandria Falls - 8/16/2020 8:45:10 PM   
crispy131313

It likely will not unless the Allies were linking supply from Alexandria via HQ. The towns between Alexandria and Tobruk can still reach 5 supply despite the missing rail connection.

(in reply to Torplexed)
Post #: 3
RE: Alexandria Falls - 8/17/2020 12:47:23 PM   
Elessar2

Don't they need a secondary supply source tho, else they all go to 3?

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 4
RE: Alexandria Falls - 8/17/2020 1:09:24 PM   
crispy131313

They would still have Cairo, unless cut off completely. But even then I don’t think it would go to 3 because it’s friendly territory? I could be wrong though.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Alexandria Falls Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI