Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Post WS victories here.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> After Action Reports >> Post WS victories here. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Post WS victories here. - 8/5/2003 9:20:39 PM   
tarendelcymir

This will be the new thread for those of you lucky souls who already have WS to post your net victories and defeats. The other thread will remain 1.4 battle reports.

We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained
Post #: 1
- 8/9/2003 12:53:22 AM   
Thorgrim

Well, in what seems to be the first WS battle, I took down Intruder in a very intense (and hot) battle. I got a Ghost, and he got a Revolver. We spotted each other at long range, I hit him a couple of times with my PG. He evaded my LoS and went around a mountain range to come through a pass. By this time, I had failed 2 skill checks at 91% (94 and 95 were my rolls), the first of which damaged my engine! :( So my heat dissipation was compromised, and I had energy weapons, so I thought things were not going good for me. I was atop a high hill with dense woods, sniping at him the whole time. I tried to leave a couple of times, but always failed my jump stunt check, with good %s. This was not my day for skill checks. I also tried to leave the hex, in case he'd torch it accidentally, but hit another button while running and broke move - you guessed it, fell right on my face. And my jock got damaged! He approached, and entered my hex. We charged, I got the brunt of it. He fired his ML, and torched the place as I feared. Actually it was good for me. He was running hot, and so was I, but his ammo started popping, and he got pretty banged up. I shut down at 151C, and fell to the ground once again. He kept hitting me, and more ammo popped, and he went down too. His engine exploded, and I won :D My jock got dizzy but still managed to crawl out of the battlefield alive.

On a rematch, I got a Raven vs his Ghost :) He spotted me LR, which was bad. I dodged my way around some mountains, only to find him on the other side of the map. So I dodged again, and closed in. We traded shots for a while, I got to some very handy trees that took me the whole way to his PG's min range, and then we charged (again). Some fist fight, running hot again, and then a salvo of my LMGs took out his torso and along with it his engine. Another game for Iceman!
:)

Great games.

Iceman

(in reply to tarendelcymir)
Post #: 2
- 8/9/2003 1:24:23 AM   
Intruder

During the first match I had my shield up to protect against his PG, but I forgot that it would also heat me up. I had 2 AC4 and a ML, but against his PG I had no chance fighting him at Long Range. I closed and by the time we charged each other I was red hot. I shut down the Shield, but set the forest on fire, I fell, started popping and then finally brewed up.

During the second match I was please to see the possibility of avenging my 1st death with his former tool of destruction. I couldn't hit anything with the PG as he raced across an open plain. I abandoned my mountain as he went around some forests and hills, thus breaking LOS. I booked it over to an area that overlooked the entire middle plain, yet he used the forested approach. We traded shots, until his Mesons got some crits. 2-nil Iceman.

I will get my revenge !!!! :)

These were my first netgames and both of them were great fun!

[IMG]http://home.midwest.net/~intruder/images/NHL_SigPic.jpg[/IMG]
"Time to roll the dice!" -Matt Cauthon-
Robert Jordan's "The Wheel of Time"[

Post #: 3
- 8/11/2003 12:26:15 AM   
Thorgrim

Me and Intruder went at it again, this time me in a Revolver and him in a Mirage. As soon as I spotted him, med to long range, I knew if I could get inside his min range the game would be mine. We were on a vast moutain range, with some woods in between. He sniped, I tried to close in fast by jumping. A lot of hide and seek, I got close, he tried to keep his distance. I had him trapped in a corner of the map and stayed at 1-2 hexes, because I had the weapons to hit him and he had the almost useless racks - I wasn't going to let him punch and kick me :D He tried to charge me a couple of times, I used my JPs to evade. I tried to DfA once, but failed. I also failed a grand total of 5 (read FIVE) move skill checks at 90+% during the whole battle, and I didn't take that many checks! I finally agreed to a fist fight, which was just a formality since my armor was very much green all over, and he was dressed in yellows and reds. And then it was over.
I don't think it was too much fun for Intruder :( I guess we'll have to do it again. :)

Iceman

Post #: 4
- 8/11/2003 12:37:29 AM   
Intruder

Ahhh, what can I say. I immediately went to the top of the highest wooded peak that I could find. I got LOS and my shots were in the 30s with 3 GMH2 and 1 LRM6. He closed and hit the Jump Jets. I hit him once I believe, and then abandoned my mountain for new ground. However, the Mirage is slow. By the time I wound my way to a new hiding spot, he had spoted me at 3 range. With his Jump Jets, I couldnt evade. I began unloading all of my missles at a chance of 2%. I wasn't aiming to hit him, only lose the potential danger of an ammo explosion that I knew would be coming. He flew around like Superman and I ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. Finally I realized that I was a gonner, so I charged. At 85% I failed. He proceeded to drop me to my back and pummel me. Despite his repeated trippings, he began pickking me apart. In a futile attempt I ejected, hoping to self-destruct. I then learned that only custom squads can do that. :) Thus endeth the lesson.

Post #: 5
- 8/11/2003 6:19:18 AM   
Thorgrim

Was beaten by Hetzer in Savannah, my Disruptor vs his Mountain Giant. Not much to say, except there was nothing I could do against such massive doses of luck. Nope, Hetz, it was not the Mountain Giant alone, and surely not skill. First 2 hits damaged 2 of my weapons, then my jock got hit, then the heat reg, then jock again, then ammo slot, then another weapon, then scanner, then ECM, then jock again. This wouldn't be out of the ordinary if we were talking lots of hits. But I was in cover, and only about 1/3 of his HMG shots hit home - that is, most resulted in crits, and nasty crits. Rare was the hit that didn't result in a crit. My head was ripped off from within - what a surprise! :rolleyes:
He stood on some mountains, sniping. I had to close in - with my weapons damaged I couldn't hit squat from afar. My ACs, damaged or not, hit perhaps 2 or 3 times the whole game, with chances around 60%. It took me forever to get a yellow scan at around 50%, green was a dream. And of course, I failed a couple of skill checks at 90+%...
There was no story in this battle.

edit: did I mention my jock losing 1 pt of Constitution in the 2nd cockpit hit? And going unconscious in the 3rd? And being constantly wounded with the respective to hit mod adding to the weapons damage to hit mod? And my dmaged AC12 constantly dud'ing (sp?)? And the longer recycle time of damaged weapons? And I forgot another crit, to the shoulder or hand actuator, can't recall.
Only crit I scored was a gyro hit, but with my AC12s missing all the time, it was useless.

Iceman

Post #: 6
- 8/13/2003 1:06:59 PM   
PrinceCorrin

Just faught a game against rosary. I was on a Pillager, while he held a trusty Ancient Mariner. I misshandled my own postiioning from the start. I failed to utilise my range properly, and completely exposed myself to far too many unanswered shots from his 4 HMGs, and dual Plasma guns. I finally came to my senses and hid in a little pond surrounded by trees and houses. Then rosary being the smart guy that he was, just circled me, and would have come out behind me had I been standing where I originally planned, instead of turning when I realised how stupid that was.
I could blame it all on my Mom calling me in the middle of the battle to bitch at me about sumthin. I don't remember what, cuz I tuned her out. I was playing ToS dammit.
I actually had good luck for once. I only failed 50% of my skill checks, and only rolled a 100 on one of them. I usually get 2 or 3 100's per game. My rolls tend to be in the 80's and up all too often. I don't know why.
I did get lucky on my very first shot at rosary. I clocked his noggin with a GC shot, and sent his jock into La La Land. Then I set his hex on fire (YES, I DO realise that setting his hex on fire gives him cover, but I like to chance that the heat will help out. I won a game I shouldn't have against rosary with this tactic, and blew his team to bitty pieces once.)
I was attempting to reposition and enter his hex to start punching and kicking Bruce Lee Titan style. I miraculously passed a 47 skill check, only to have rosary play sandman with his NB's and tell my jock to stop thinking straight.
After the sleepy lasers wore off, I was happy to find rosary standing in the same hex as I. I had wanted this anyway, and it probably saved me a horrible death, as no self respecting veteran will fire while he's moving. Once I succeeded in erecting myself (heheh) I then pounded at rosary with everything I had. He felt my wrath, and it caused him to fall on his wrath. My wrath was weak, since I missed 4 out of the 7 weapons I fired (including punches and a kick) but he proved no match for the mystical ninja stylings of my titan's footwork.
Once I had him prone I proceeded to chip away at him as fast as my weapons would recycle. I got his LOT, LT, and head yellow, and his RL red.
Then he stood and hit my head with a LMG.
It came off.
The culmination of far too many such Meson shots to the skull. I reviewed my internal structure afterwards, and found very little actually remaining, but all my armor was green.
Pretty on the outside, but I appear to have had termites. Muahahaha.
A pretty good game, but I was not at all pleased with my performance. Next time my dear Eric, my wrath shall prove much more painful.

I see your lips moving, but all I hear is: Blah Blah Blah, I'm a friggin moron.

Post #: 7
- 8/13/2003 1:36:14 PM   
rosary

That was a fun game PC. But you tell it so well that I'll just write about my battles with hetzer.

Battle-1 I had a Guruni he had something else. I had zero cover across a huge plain while he just had to stand on a hill with dense cover and ping away at me. I got real close before being disabled so he won with that cursed Hetzer luck.

Battle2 This one was on Far Dogtown. I drew a Black Death and he drew a Tentakal. I found myself in a bind. Hetzer had an excellent view of my Titan and was mercilessly pounding me with his guided missiles. He was only barely in range and I had only 08% to hit or lower. So I thought, he's going to beat me again. Then he moved so I decided to head straight for him. The closer I got the less time he had to shoot me right? So I rushed at him straight across the water. I got close enough and had my weapons and heat at a good optimum. So it came down to His guided missiles vs my flares and His shield against my Energy beams. It was pretty much a tie. I was grateful everytime he shot at me and my flares deflected his missiles and cursing each time I nailed him only to see his shield stop it. Then Hetzer did some odd moves getting me out of his arc of fire. When he finally turned around I'd gotten close [2-3 hexes] and was hitting pretty much regularly with the shield stopping most of it. Then Good ol Hetz tried to run away so I just ran after him. He finally fell in the middle of the lowest bridge and I got right on top of him and that was pretty much the end of the battle with me victorious.

Post #: 8
- 8/16/2003 10:03:58 AM   
tarendelcymir

Lost very badly to Hetz in my first official WS online game. I got a Baalzebul, he got a Mjolnir (2 EMP, 2 TB.) I got the first hits in, but it all went downhill from there, starting with an EMP that turned off my engine, then a failed skill check trying to stand. When I did get up, he overloaded my shield with his TB sending my heat up to 122, then followed it with an EMP that shut off my heat regulator. As you can imagine, that was bad for me. Then he knocked me over again and shot off my right leg. Since I was pretty much toast already, I went ahead and fired my AC20s, hitting both times, but failing to do anything critical or knock him over. Then I shut down, and he pounded the snot out of my titan and the jock, too, until my heat regulator fell apart.

Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

Post #: 9
- 8/16/2003 4:20:38 PM   
PrinceCorrin

Played two games against hetzer.

In the first, I was ranting like a little woman, about the hideous deficiencies suffered by the GMH's.
I don't know what possessed Larkin to destroy my favourite sandpaper, but I now find them totally unfullfilling of my needs. Not only do they do far less damage, but they are so **** innaccurate now. An elite pilot should get better than a 25% at 1/4 a GM's range, I don't care HOW cold the enemy titan may be.
But anyway.
I drew a Tentakel, which used to be a dominating design, but is now so much garbage. In 1.4 I should have been able to pick hetz's Mjolnir apart from such range, while he ran thru open fields, and lovely meadows. Once he started taking pieces off my titan without suffering so much as a dent (perhaps a few scratches, nothing more) I ejected so as to get the next game on quicker. Needless to say I was thoroughly disgusted.

The next game I found myself in an annihilator. 4 GC's WHOOOOEEEEEE. Gauss Cannons are great in an assault ToS. I had the terrain all on my side. I had a nice big hill with plenty of cover, and hetz had the misfortune of having to cross a large expanse of plains to get to me. He tried. His twin AC4s never dented me. He set my cover on fire, but my titan's heat reg was up to the challenge. With my shield raised my heat was at 00 before my weapons fully recycled. After I tore his left leg off from several fortuitous hits in a row, I attempted to get closer and end it quicker. I lost LoS, so jumped backwards back up to my flaming perch. I then simply picked him apart from a distance, while he attempted to hit me with what must have been a horrible % to-hit for his AC20s.
He did manage to hit me a couple of times, and had he succeeded in closing the distance this story would have been much more exciting.

Might I add that, although I am no longer in love with guided missiles, I do find the GME's to be most pleasant. They seem very well suited for beginning jocks as well. I use a combo of them and CC at the moment. Power Axes still rock, thank ToS God Larkin.

Might I also add that hetzer clearly has a much greater amount of patience and tenacity in a losing situation than I shall ever posess. But, a lucky hit from an AC20 could have crippled me. So there was hope.

I see your lips moving, but all I hear is: Blah Blah Blah, I'm a friggin moron.

Post #: 10
- 8/16/2003 6:37:00 PM   
cyavhn

well, my first WS netgame was a real bust...hetz has just gotten trickier with all the refinements in the game...i drew a sodom (didn`t remark hetzers` as i was busy with all the new stuff) and started to a hill when hetz suddenly appeared...i was lucky and only took a couple of hits before turning and going to a crouch with a swivel...my to hit % went up significantly and i just stayed there exchanging shots and getting good results until hetz did a disappearing act...at which point i tried to get to a depression and a little more cover for my crouch...but hetz reappeared and a failed skill check saw me eating energy weapons...i never recovered...tried to eject also but couldn`t so the end was ignoblely exiting...

Post #: 11
- 8/16/2003 10:39:25 PM   
Hetz

Hetzer's Haus of Happy Happy Joy Joy opened for business as usual on Fri Night.

Started out with a win vs Cyavhn as described above.

Beat Taren twice. (he'll have to fill in details as the night became a blur of fighting)

Beat Intruder once (recons in Core, both of us in badgers)
Scary game. We both lost our right arms due to punching too many time :)

Two games with PC as he described above. Called leg shots aren't nice PC :P

(pant, pant, wheeze, gasp) am too old fer this noise. It's not that I actually mind being surrounded by Bloodthirsty Children but now you're attacking in waves.

Will no one take pity on a poor, sweet harmless (well...........mostly harmless) old man?

Hetzer

Post #: 12
- 8/16/2003 10:46:39 PM   
Intruder

I Learned some good lessons from playing Hetzer that night. namely, heat=bad :) I was running 125+ the entire match. Ammor explosions aplenty. The old man can fight! ;)

Post #: 13
- 8/17/2003 12:43:23 PM   
Hetz

Played a medium team game with Rosary where his lone assault was stuck in terrain it couldn't get out of from the very start.

To show you the kind of Gentleman that Rosary is he never once mentioned it until all of his other titans were dead.

This post is not to record an unfair game but to suggest to all of us that a "Mulligan" of sorts be allowed at the beginning. That is to redo the map if someone is greatly disadvantaged, such as being trapped or starting in Lava or Acid.

This sounds good to us both and will be a house rule from now on in my Arena. I hope that this will help to keep alive the spirit of friendship and camradarie that has made my time in ToS and WS such a pleasure.

Hetzer

Post #: 14
- 8/17/2003 8:32:32 PM   
tarendelcymir

Sounds like a very good rule to me. I'll make sure not to record this match on the win/loss records.

Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

Post #: 15
- 8/18/2003 2:15:20 AM   
Hetz

Dueled Intruder and Cyavhn with an Elite AI partner. They had a Mjolnir and Abnegator vs my Kraken and the AIs Gunslinger.

Won only because of poor coordination between my opponents (well, one of my opponents anyway).

Took both their heads though...........

:p

Hetzer

Post #: 16
- 8/19/2003 5:33:27 AM   
cyavhn

i played silvermane after the disastrous fight with hetzer...on 100t`ers, me with ac7`s and silvermane with tesla and chainsaw...after he closed on me, it wasn`t long before i started coming apart...

my first 3 games in WS...all defeats :(

Post #: 17
- 8/20/2003 12:00:36 PM   
Hetz

As is the most fitting I played my 300th recorded net duel with Rosary.

Game 1: Since he had made disparging remarks about my MindFlayer I pureed his DemonLord pilot.

Game 2: His LegBreaker blew the CT out of my PinCushion.

Game 3: My Gunsel edged him out by 3 seconds and all of the rest my my luck for a month. I'd kicked/missed and saved for three tries in a row so I had to hit this time, right? Kicked/missed and fell instead. Fired my one AC12 that could fire and blew off his left leg and in falling he destroyed his CT and his Titan.

(sight of a poor, shaken, ashen doddering old fart tottering off to his lair)

Hetzer

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> After Action Reports >> Post WS victories here. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI