Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Making cities overproduce

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Making cities overproduce Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Making cities overproduce - 8/13/2020 5:14:00 AM   
Ormand

You all might have noticed this, but it is possible to get cities to produce up to 4x their capacity.

You can't do it as a player, but you can with an event using the function ExecSetProduction. With this event you specify what is to be built in each of the four build queues and what fraction. Except that there is no check on the sum. I set all four queues to 100% and it produced all of it and sent it to the SHQ. I confess didn't try more than 100%.

For the most part, a warning to check sums. But, also it might be a way to give a bonus production.
Post #: 1
RE: Making cities overproduce - 8/13/2020 1:42:12 PM   
ernieschwitz

Interesting.

Honestly I thought it didn't do things that way.

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 2
RE: Making cities overproduce - 8/13/2020 1:45:38 PM   
ernieschwitz

I found another way to make cities overproduce, that had me bewildered for a while.

I had set the structural points of cities to some high number, and then later lowered it. After I had placed some of these locations that is. Turns out that the code for damaged cities, does not check if a city is above 100% structual points, and then multiplies the amount of production by the ratio at which it expects the city to be at.

This had me searching my code and everything before I found out what was wrong.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
RE: Making cities overproduce - 8/13/2020 3:37:27 PM   
Ormand

I didn't either. I made a sum error in my event to set initial production, and noticed it went I went in to tweak the production. Then, I wondered if I was getting more production than allowed. It turned that I was. In this case, not much because it was only a 10% slot error. But, I set slots to 100% in the event, and sure enough, lots of production.

That is interesting about the structural points too. I suppose the only fix is to remove and replace the LocType.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 4
RE: Making cities overproduce - 8/13/2020 5:49:37 PM   
ernieschwitz

Actually there is a catch-all button in Setng that allows you to set alot of things to "ready". For instance, entrenchment, equipment to max researched, readiness to max, etc. etc. It also does this for locations, so they get max structural points.

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Making cities overproduce Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI