GD1938v3 update (C2X)

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

ernieschwitz

GD1938v3 update (C2X)

Post by ernieschwitz »

The following bugfixes, balance modifications and other stuff has been implemented in the NEW version of GD1938v3. The biggest among them is perhaps the changes to the OOB of each minor and major nation. Nations now have a unique composition of its divisions, and there is every variation to these. Gone are the "cookie cutter" divisions, that has been detracting for some people. This is of course a game changer. Some minors have gotten bigger armies, while others smaller. This will undoubtedly lead to new tactics and strategies for how to play the game.

BUG FIXES:

- Axis no longer get the victory message when all Axis powers are at war. Victory messages should work as intended now
- Coup card should now work.
- A nasty bug that caused multiple error messages when a country in the Balkans had been conquered instead of taken over diplomatically has been fixed.

BALANCE:

- The cards that USSR, France and Britain get to help out China are now available even if they are at war with Japan.
- The supply cards that USSR, France and Britain get to help out China have now been increased in amount of supplies. Now they are 1500 instead of 1200.
- The cost of cards for partisans/anti-partisans never increase now.
- Soviet Economy now starts at 90% instead of 80%
- Soviet Penalties for being disorganized now no longer depend on lost territory. Instead they depend on amount of lost Power Points, all of them. The levels are 400, 1200 and 2000 Power points lost.
- When evacuating industry and turning a Large City into a Colonial Large City, you now get 2 Annexes to place, instead of 1.
- Soviets no longer required to have any Allied countries broken, to achieve Victory.
- The Italian card for supplying Abyssinia has now been increased from giving 600 to 800 supplies.
- China has been granted 2 engineer units, of 30 engineer Is each.
- USA Economy now starts at 100% efficiency instead of 80%.
- New OOBs for every Major and Minor nation. Gone are "cookie cutter" divisions, and a more realistic distribution of equipment has been introduced.

OTHER:

- The minimum cost for increasing industry efficiency is now 20 PPs. It used to be 5 PPs.
- Roads and Rail Roads have been updated with new information available. This affects road/rails in China, and roads in Europe & Northern Africa.
- Some Rivers where "incomplete", now they flow all the way from beginning to end.
- El Paso is now located one hex further to the north.
- Italy now automatically allies with Germany once the Italian people force them to go to war.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
BvB

RE: GD1938v3 update (C2X)

Post by BvB »

So El Paso is no longer on the Mexican border as in real life? (with Juarez on the other side - in effect one town divided by a border)
Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I was told this was not the case.

I'll correct it, back again.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
BvB

Post by BvB »

not sure if it is by design or pure luck, but I'm getting far more than normal plus 50 on my diplomacy cards. perhaps this is a balance thing since my Axis troops have lower than previous game's experience levels?
Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Pure luck I believe :) Since I haven't touched that.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for the hard work Claus!

Its a game in it self this amazing scenario.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
HeadlessHessian

Post by HeadlessHessian »

"Soviet Penalties for being disorganized now no longer depend on lost territory. Instead they depend on amount of lost Power Points, all of them. The levels are 400, 1200 and 2000 Power points lost."

To me this makes total sense and should make the game better. Way to go Claus
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Dear H. Hessian,

I will try to get you to the 2000 level ASAP.

Chuck
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: HeadlessHessian

"Soviet Penalties for being disorganized now no longer depend on lost territory. Instead they depend on amount of lost Power Points, all of them. The levels are 400, 1200 and 2000 Power points lost."

To me this makes total sense and should make the game better. Way to go Claus

Actually it was Bombur that convinced me to make the change. I just coded it.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”