Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] My Tacview display is not working correctly

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] My Tacview display is not working correctly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] My Tacview display is not working correctly - 8/3/2020 5:30:03 AM   
sherlockboneman

Hi, So I just bought this on steam as a bundle with Command: Modern Operations and TacView advanced. On the first tutorial I launch an Israeli F-16. When I go the the 3D view, the plane porpoises. It is level, then increases attitude, then snaps back to level and increases attitude again. I understand step climbs, but this is not how they work :) There is supposed to (according to the manual) be a "high fidelity" option. It's not there. I am not sure how to make this work. I'd link a screenshot but it tells me I'm not allowed.

< Message edited by apache85 -- 8/3/2020 6:15:59 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: My Tacview display is not working correctly - 8/3/2020 6:15:52 AM   
Rory Noonan

Hi sherlockboneman,

Thanks for the report here and on Steam.

We've logged a ticket for this and someone will be back to you shortly to assist.

(in reply to sherlockboneman)
Post #: 2
RE: My Tacview display is not working correctly - 8/5/2020 11:57:53 PM   
sherlockboneman

Hi, I'm sure you're all very busy but I'd like to see if I can do anything to help this. Is there an e-mail address I could send some screenshots to? I just don't want to keep playing it and and find out I can't return it- Or maybe it's not a big deal and I shouldn't worry about it? Just worry the TACVIEW might not be very useful if the plane's attitude is jumping around- would it still display radar cone elevation correctly? I just would like some answers to help out. How can I save log files for example?

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 3
RE: My Tacview display is not working correctly - 8/6/2020 2:39:20 AM   
Rory Noonan

Hi sherlockboneman,

quote:

Originally posted by Dimitris:
Just to be clear, this is a visual glitch on Tacview, the aircraft are not really moving like that in Command's sim-world.

To amplify on this, Command sends data to Tacview and Tacview renders a 3D visualisation of that data. Nothing that happens in Tacview affects the simulation in Command. What you are seeing is purely cosmetic--although it sure does sound annoying.

We work quite closely with the developers of Tacview so if you can upload a Command .save file here it will help us reproduce the issue and assist in solving it (seeing you're a new user you can either PM it to me in a .zip file, upload it to Google Drive or a similar service and post the link here, or use https://www.pastefile.com/ to upload and again post the link here).

You can find logs in the Command installation directory \Logs although they are not particularly useful for us in bug-fixing. The .scen/.save file has all the information we need.

(in reply to sherlockboneman)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] My Tacview display is not working correctly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI