Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Oil Wars

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Oil Wars Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Oil Wars - 8/2/2020 2:29:25 PM   
fluidwill matrix

So my growing empire is short on oil 🛢

Is there a way (rather than scouring the map) for me to see/find out which of my neighbours has or is most likely to have an oil deposit and as such be a suitable candiddate for regime change?
Post #: 1
RE: Oil Wars - 8/2/2020 2:51:26 PM   
Saros

Send spies then go to the smmall map tab and toggle by resource.

(in reply to fluidwill matrix)
Post #: 2
RE: Oil Wars - 8/2/2020 2:54:10 PM   
fluidwill matrix

Thanks my man

(in reply to Saros)
Post #: 3
RE: Oil Wars - 8/2/2020 3:00:41 PM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: fluidwill matrix

is most likely to have an oil deposit

If your planet is lacking alien life with notable history (so not simply bacteria or sea primitive life-forms only) then you will get zero oil deposits, so in that case no need to check at all :)

Focus on zones suitable for open farming & large population - biofuel refineries will be very nice here. Hydroponic and synthetic fuel are another options (synthetic fuel could be used for endless power loop as it's power requirement could be satisfied by power plant with some fuel remain to be used). IMHO deep mining isn't worth it - too expensive, too many workers required.

(in reply to fluidwill matrix)
Post #: 4
RE: Oil Wars - 8/2/2020 3:49:02 PM   
Nachtjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiare
If your planet is lacking alien life with notable history (so not simply bacteria or sea primitive life-forms only) then you will get zero oil deposits, so in that case no need to check at all :)

You know this makes complete sense and I never even considered it. This game is full of great little details like that.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 5
RE: Oil Wars - 8/2/2020 3:53:38 PM   
ramnblam

Yeah if you don't play on Siwa or medusa worlds you're gonna come to love bio fuel plants.

(in reply to Nachtjager)
Post #: 6
RE: Oil Wars - 8/2/2020 10:40:35 PM   
HansLemurson

If you're on a lifeless rock, how do you go about conquering your foes when you can't afford the fuel for mighty tank armies?

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 7
RE: Oil Wars - 8/2/2020 11:16:59 PM   
boomboomf22

Biofuel plants and lots of domefarms, or use synthetic fuel production and powerplants to provide the necessary power

(in reply to HansLemurson)
Post #: 8
RE: Oil Wars - 8/3/2020 10:39:07 AM   
Sieppo

Just make sure you have researched power plants or solar panels before going crazy on food domes and bio fuel factories. Could kill everyone in the country, happened to me almost once. Domes and factories need power to operate.. Of course at that point you can turn them off.

(in reply to boomboomf22)
Post #: 9
RE: Oil Wars - 8/4/2020 1:35:28 PM   
Journier

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

Just make sure you have researched power plants or solar panels before going crazy on food domes and bio fuel factories. Could kill everyone in the country, happened to me almost once. Domes and factories need power to operate.. Of course at that point you can turn them off.

I have done this on more than one occassion.

The preplan for hydroponics and food domes and bio fuel is a real requirement.
I started out a game doing extremely well too, then bam i slapped a little too much food production down early game, and had very few power sources and my 1000 stock of energy i had dissapeared in a heartbeat. suddenly everyone begins a mass die off while im at war. oopsie.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 10
RE: Oil Wars - 8/4/2020 4:13:30 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Journier

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

I have done this on more than one occassion.

The preplan for hydroponics and food domes and bio fuel is a real requirement.
I started out a game doing extremely well too, then bam i slapped a little too much food production down early game, and had very few power sources and my 1000 stock of energy i had dissapeared in a heartbeat. suddenly everyone begins a mass die off while im at war. oopsie.

Nobody has ever learned to play Shadow Empires without accidentally Starving their Troops and/or Population.

It is a part of SE, the same way incest is a part of CK2.

(in reply to Journier)
Post #: 11
RE: Oil Wars - 8/4/2020 8:04:41 PM   
HansLemurson

I conquered a Level 4 Agricultural facility that I didn't realize the consumption requirements for.
It produced such a huge excess of food that it had to be thrown away, and in exchange it depleted my water and energy reserves.
My next level biofuel plant hadn't even come online yet, so I couldn't even make use of the windfall.

Fortunately I'm in no danger of starvation, since I my granary is still full. I just need to add more refinery capacity to fuel my overweight armored corps.

< Message edited by HansLemurson -- 8/4/2020 8:06:41 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 12
RE: Oil Wars - 8/4/2020 8:47:32 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansLemurson

I conquered a Level 4 Agricultural facility that I didn't realize the consumption requirements for.
It produced such a huge excess of food that it had to be thrown away, and in exchange it depleted my water and energy reserves.
My next level biofuel plant hadn't even come online yet, so I couldn't even make use of the windfall.

Fortunately I'm in no danger of starvation, since I my granary is still full. I just need to add more refinery capacity to fuel my overweight armored corps.

In the meantime you could just throttle the production, even going all the way down to "mothball".
Apparently some people always over-upgrade the farms, then just run them at 25-50%. Higher Tier buildings are generally more effective with Workers or Intake per Production.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 8/4/2020 8:48:08 PM >

(in reply to HansLemurson)
Post #: 13
RE: Oil Wars - 8/5/2020 6:54:43 AM   
HansLemurson

Yeah, I mothballed it, and then later reactivated it at 25% after I captured their capital with it's LE plant and nearby Solar Panels.

My first Light Tank model I gave 100mm armor for the lulz, and didn't know how to choose the right engine, so a 50 tank brigade consumes almost 300 fuel to move full distance. They've never taken a scratch all game even against heavy resistance, but I've been unable to use them because of their massive fuel costs.

I've invested heavily in Refinery construction now, and so I think I'll be able to field a proper armored corps now on my cold lifeless world.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Oil Wars Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI