Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chinese strategy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Chinese strategy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese strategy - 8/1/2020 7:40:29 AM   
boudi

Hi,

August 1940, a SC WWII player (not my opponent) thinks that "i defend to much with Chinese". I understand that from his point of vue, i should give up lands and cities to the japanese, and moving back to central China.
Right, i suffer heavy lost, often a chinese attacked unit has its strong points at 5-4 or below after japanese attacks and there are several attacks every turn, near Nanning, Changsha, Chengchow...

It cost many MPPs in order to units recover their strong points, their morale and readiness go down, and often i exchange chinese units in front of japanese forces. But the breakpoint is near everywhere.

So what is, for you, the best strategy for China ? Defend at all cost, what i do, or moving back to central China ?

Thank you very much.

Post #: 1
RE: Chinese strategy - 8/1/2020 8:44:24 AM   
Marcinos1985

In my opinion, Japanese should pay for every Chinese hex with blood (MPP's).
The problem is with infantry weapons discrepancy (JAP has level 1, you level 0), which enables them to push freely for a long time. But you have terrain on your side, plenty of mountains. Hang to them dearly and leave them only if you units have poor morale and are XP pinata for enemy.
Construct forts on the way to Kweichow and Chunking, bc it's the direction where Axis players usually push. It's not that strange, their best troops are concentrated there, facing only one army in Changsha region, rest is corps. Lack of chinese HQ's in the south is also important, so bring 2 of them there ASAP.
One region which you may let go more easily is probably far north, only because it can trigger Communist China entry to war.
Make Japan focus strongly on you, because this will make them weaker in the Pacific-SE ASia region. Therefore, USA will not have to come to the rescue at once, but will be able to focus on GER.
TLDR Defend at all cost.

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 2
RE: Chinese strategy - 8/1/2020 1:17:43 PM   
Platoonist

You have a vast army of poor humble peasants, so you want to do all you can to improve the qualities of infantry units. In research, I'd refund some of the starting techs chits into the bare basics like Infantry weapons, warfare. Maybe Command & Control or AA Defense. Probably AA Defense. Your front line units will get bombed a lot by the Japanese. Then you really got to focus on upgrading those units by switching them in and out of the front line. It's a slow and frustrating process and you'll likely lose ground, but once upgraded and dug into mountains things usually stabilize into something resembling World War One warfare. Which is about the best you can hope for as China until the other major powers start making Japan's life miserable.

I'd also buy an HQ for south China, if you can afford it, although the Stillwell HQ does step in eventually to help.

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 3
RE: Chinese strategy - 8/2/2020 5:16:27 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

China / Japan battle is a side show, you won't win/lose the war here. It's all about MMPs, Attrition. Just don't do anything stupid.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 4
RE: Chinese strategy - 8/2/2020 12:48:34 PM   
boudi

Ok Thank you guys, it's more or less what i do.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Chinese strategy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI