Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.04b11] Replace Transport Hub with Truck Station in Start Capital City

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> [1.04b11] Replace Transport Hub with Truck Station in Start Capital City Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.04b11] Replace Transport Hub with Truck Station in S... - 7/28/2020 5:40:24 AM   
Malevolence

Per the image, recommend that a Transport Hub be replaced with a Truck Station in game's starting capital (city/zone). This is the location of "1st SHQ". Ostensibly, the Transport Hub would work in other starting cities/zones.

In effect, at the start of the game, the private economy does not use truck points or rail points. While the private economy is concerned about logistics points reaching assets outside a zone's city, this is not a prtical concern for private industry at the start of the game.

I could make the argument that Transport Hubs are not particularly valuable for the private economy at all. However, it most influential to the player at the start of the game.

For all practical purposes, at some point, the player must nationalize the truck point producing asset with the 1st SHQ. It is not a real choice for the player. It is a dominant strategy. A dominant strategy is the optimal move for a player regardless of how other players act.

Start the game with a Truck Station at the location of the 1st SHQ.

If this was simply done as a trick to provide a difficulty for the player to overcome in the early game (lower truck points than provided by Truck Station I and less workers), then so be it.

For reference, Game Build v 1.04-beta11; Scenario Build 1.04-beta11; Last Game Build used 1.04-beta11; Scenario Version Number #51.

Device is a Win 10 Pro 64bit, Intel i7-1065G7, 16GB RAM. It is a Surface Pro 7, connected to 2560x1600 display monitor via USB-C. Intel Iris Plus integrated graphics.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/28/2020 5:55:06 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> [1.04b11] Replace Transport Hub with Truck Station in Start Capital City Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI