Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japan Attacks US Carriers.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Japan Attacks US Carriers. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japan Attacks US Carriers. - 7/23/2020 6:44:24 PM   
MBB

I'm playing Japan only against the AI. It's Feb13 '42 and I'm at war with the US. I've completely destroyed the fleet at Pearl Harbour. So decided to continue to US mainland to attack the US carriers.

Except ... not all Japan's carriers can attack the US ships. Either with the US ships in port or alongside. One of my carriers can attack, but I think that was used the turn before strike in Naval/Tactical mode. The others were on Fighter/Intercept. Is there a role switching delay or something else happening? Weather is good ...

EDIT: Actually, there might be something odd going on ... my carriers don't allow a strike on a ship in port until a certain other US ship is selected from a particular hex and then my carriers are able to strike the intended targets.

Does a dev want my save games?
Post #: 1
RE: Japan Attacks US Carriers. - 7/23/2020 11:12:59 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBB

EDIT: Actually, there might be something odd going on ... my carriers don't allow a strike on a ship in port until a certain other US ship is selected from a particular hex and then my carriers are able to strike the intended targets.

Seems strange. Out of curiosity...what US ship needs to be selected and at what particular hex?

(in reply to MBB)
Post #: 2
RE: Japan Attacks US Carriers. - 7/24/2020 3:35:53 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

1) There is weather. Jap carriers in Storm hex. Yank carriers have San Fran rain.
2) You've done "double-speed" double time move with carriers, not allowed to attack

That's all I got for ya.

Blue Hawaii,
-EJR

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: Japan Attacks US Carriers. - 7/24/2020 9:00:33 AM   
BillRunacre

MBB, Rambo's points above are what I would suspect too. If you could check and confirm that'll be great.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 4
RE: Japan Attacks US Carriers. - 7/24/2020 1:25:28 PM   
MBB

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

1) There is weather. Jap carriers in Storm hex. Yank carriers have San Fran rain.
2) You've done "double-speed" double time move with carriers, not allowed to attack

That's all I got for ya.

Blue Hawaii,
-EJR

1. There is weather, but not on the hexes concerned. Unless there are some hidden effect that I'm not aware of.
2. At the start of the turn my carriers are already in their strike positions ... so no, not that.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 5
RE: Japan Attacks US Carriers. - 7/24/2020 1:27:31 PM   
MBB

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBB

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElvisJJonesRambo

That's all I got for ya.

Blue Hawaii,
-EJR

1. There is weather, but not on the hexes concerned. Unless there are some hidden effect that I'm not aware of.
2. At the start of the turn my carriers are already in their strike positions ... so no, not that.

Thanks, but I don't think it is either of the things Elvis mentioned. Bear with me and later I'll put together some screenshots that'll show what's happening.

(in reply to MBB)
Post #: 6
RE: Japan Attacks US Carriers. - 7/24/2020 2:33:52 PM   
Epekepe

Seems like a mystery.If they are US ships(and you are at war against them), you have strike(s) left, you are in range to attack, you have aircrafts in carrier, the weather is clear all the way at carrier to the target, well, then you should be able to do it.Is there yellow x in target when you try to attack?

(in reply to MBB)
Post #: 7
RE: Japan Attacks US Carriers. - 7/24/2020 2:42:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi MBB,

If you are still stuck please send me a saved turn to support@furysoftware.com and I'd be happy to take a look. If this is against the AI, turns can typically be found here:

\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Save

If the file is too big for email, you can send it via WeTransfer:

https://wetransfer.com

Just select 'No Thanks' and the 'Get Link' option and it is free and straightforward after that.
Hubert

(in reply to Epekepe)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Japan Attacks US Carriers. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI