Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What does a Security Outpost do?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> What does a Security Outpost do? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What does a Security Outpost do? - 7/21/2020 12:13:41 AM   
Daza99

I managed to get a Security Outpost randomly placed in my zone. What does this do exactly?
Post #: 1
RE: What does a Security Outpost do? - 7/21/2020 1:05:12 AM   
Twotribes

It is a perk it gives some bonus as long as perk is in zone. there are 3 or 4 perk cards they all say different things.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 2
RE: What does a Security Outpost do? - 7/21/2020 1:46:36 AM   
Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

It is a perk it gives some bonus as long as perk is in zone. there are 3 or 4 perk cards they all say different things.

Ok. I just figured out how to get the info, i clicked in Assets tab and then Private Assets and Show Assets in selected hex and there it is. This one gives me QOL +100 Security points (not sure what this is exactly- did a match word search in manual and only matched with Barracks which also provides security points. I'm guessing this just gets lumped into the total QOL stat that boosts happiness?

Also the Security Outposts says .."Having some outposts helps us survey our perimeters." So does this give some recon boost to hexes x 1 outside our borders or something or is this just words only? I think i would be neat if you did get a bonus in recon points around your borders +1 beyond it, giving it more purpose.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: What does a Security Outpost do? - 7/21/2020 2:05:25 AM   
Twotribes

I don't generally use that one or haven't lately. But I doubt it gives recon. If you want your people to be happy you need to raise the QOL. I build all the Government buildings I can. Well except the radiation one gonna start adding it too.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 4
RE: What does a Security Outpost do? - 7/21/2020 2:25:46 AM   
Berks

Hi Daza,

There is no recon bonus as far as I'm aware, its just flavour text (although that would be cool).

You are right in that the 100 security points are added into the total security points for the zone.

The best benefit of the Security Outpost is that it doesn't cost you any population to maintain. Giving you more potential output, as population are freed up to work somewhere else (or become part of your army for example)

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
RE: What does a Security Outpost do? - 7/21/2020 9:35:17 AM   
Maerchen

Security points are added to your military suppression force in case of riots/strikes.

Came for Shadow Empire. Will stay for Shadow Empire.

(in reply to Berks)
Post #: 6
RE: What does a Security Outpost do? - 7/24/2020 6:36:59 PM   
WCG

Are any of those perks valuable after the very early game? Fate points are so scarce (if I don't want to kill off my own population, at least, which I've already done twice). And a hex perk is nice, but I can just build a barracks.

In the early game, I'd love to get one of those hex perks which give me more energy! My economic guy never wants to research solar panels or power plants, for some reason. But I don't think there's a stratagem for that, is there?

And once I can build what I need, it seems like a real waste of fate points to use these cards. Of course, part of my hesitation might be that I don't know what any of them actually do.

So thanks for this thread!

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> What does a Security Outpost do? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI