Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is it possible to print (or copy) the briefing text?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Is it possible to print (or copy) the briefing text? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it possible to print (or copy) the briefing text? - 7/20/2020 10:36:13 PM   
ABFlo

Hi all.
I am new to TOAW, trying to learn the basic features, and I started with the Korea tutorial. I would like to ask if there is a way to print (or copy into the clipboard) the text of the (quite long) scenario briefing, in order to better analyze it.
I tried directly from the program interface, but without success. Eventually is it possible to extract it from the scenery file?
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Is it possible to print (or copy) the briefing text? - 7/20/2020 11:05:37 PM   
Curtis Lemay

You can do a scenario dump.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to ABFlo)
Post #: 2
RE: Is it possible to print (or copy) the briefing text? - 7/20/2020 11:28:15 PM   
ABFlo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
You can do a scenario dump.

Thanks a lot. Being very new to the game, and not having used the Editor before, I had to understand what is a "scenario dump", but I just tried, and it actually works perfectly for my purposes.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 3
RE: Is it possible to print (or copy) the briefing text? - 7/20/2020 11:41:07 PM   
rhinobones

quote:

ORIGINAL: ABFlo
. . . is a way to print (or copy into the clipboard) the text of the (quite long) scenario briefing

As an alternative you can access the briefing when the scenario is loaded in the editor. Open the scenario in the editor and using the Edit tab pull down menu select Briefings > Scenario Briefing. Copy and paste into your preferred word program.
Note that when you write or edit a briefing, this is the place where you paste the new stuff into the scenario.

Regards

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to ABFlo)
Post #: 4
RE: Is it possible to print (or copy) the briefing text? - 7/21/2020 11:47:06 AM   
ABFlo

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhinobones
As an alternative you can access the briefing when the scenario is loaded in the editor. Open the scenario in the editor and using the Edit tab pull down menu select Briefings > Scenario Briefing. Copy and paste into your preferred word program.
Note that when you write or edit a briefing, this is the place where you paste the new stuff into the scenario.

Hi rhinobones, thanks for your alternative method.
Up to now I avoided using the Editor, being already quite confused by the complex mechanics of the game, but I start to understand that actually it is quite useful to better understand the structure of the scenarios already present.

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Is it possible to print (or copy) the briefing text? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI