Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some Xenofauna, Genemods, Biotech techs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Some Xenofauna, Genemods, Biotech techs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some Xenofauna, Genemods, Biotech techs - 7/20/2020 9:17:43 AM   
Pratapon51

There's a dearth of these types of technologies in the tech tree, in my opinion. I feel as if they might fit the game's theme. They might require a category of their own or have some of the current ones be rewritten.

Earlier game :

Xenofauna Domestication
Planet must have suitable fauna and at least good nutrition.
Somewhat improves the output of Xeno-Agricultural Facilities. Allows the private Ranch asset which supplies only a small amount of food but generates lots of credits for the private economy.

Alien Cavalry
Requires Domestication and fauna of appropriate size
Allows Cavalry to be fielded. Soft model, decent movement, high recon value, not as hindered by terrain as wheels or tracks. No fuel dependence, but costs some food to create and extra food to supply.

Later game:

Anagathics
Gives a great bonus to aging checks of all leaders. Creates a strategem that can be used to remove this bonus from a given leader if you need them to retire/die.

Genetic Modification
Nothing on its own, but is required for all the following technologies.

Hardy Crops
Linear Tech Reduces the effect of climate on agricultural yields.

Xenomorph Spawning
Also requires Robotic Soldier. Through cyborg control systems and genetic tampering, we are able to utilize the native fauna of the planet in an assault role. Requires food and a small amount of high-tech parts to create. Stats are based on base fauna values + bonuses granted by Linear Tech. May be given Light Vehicle armor. !Fielding these units may cause bad events!

Augmented Beasts
Linear Tech Improves the movement speed and hitpoints of Cavalry and Xenomorph units, and the attack/defense ratings of Xenomorph units.

Human Enhancement
Allows the addition of Genetic Enhancement to all forms of Infantry. Requisite for the next set of Linear technologies. !May cause negative events!

Geneforged Soldiery
Linear Tech Further increases the movement speed and hitpoints of Infantry models with Genetic Enhancement applied.

Improved Cognition
Linear Tech Increases the output of all Bureaucratic assets.

Tireless Workers
Linear Tech Raises the Worker Points per Worker over 1 up to 2.

Intrinsic Happiness
Linear Tech Reduces the effect of all unhappiness effects by up to half.

Improved Fecundity
Linear Tech Increases population growth

I wanted to include B/C weaponry somewhere in there, but the current envirosuit-"meta" makes them a little impractical for believability.

< Message edited by Pratapon51 -- 7/20/2020 10:58:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Some Xenofauna, Genemods, Biotech techs - 7/20/2020 9:59:03 AM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratapon51

Allows Cavalry to be fielded. Soft model, decent movement, high recon value, not as hindered by terrain as wheels or tracks. No fuel dependence, but costs some food to create and extra food to supply.

Only a bit better then foot human movement, but worse then bikes/rovers/trucks. Ridding animals need to be fed and get rest regularly. Yup, movement in mountains is their strong side. But also they will need additional food so they're quite poor unit for deep recon.

Plus they should have penalty to hitpoints and soft defense or AT LEAST penalty to defenses against ranged attacks as riding animals are very vulnerable to artillery fire (impossible to get them into cover, large size, nearby explosions will scare them).

(in reply to Pratapon51)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Some Xenofauna, Genemods, Biotech techs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI