Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sugg: Hot Key to reveal top of stack Commanders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Sugg: Hot Key to reveal top of stack Commanders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sugg: Hot Key to reveal top of stack Commanders - 7/18/2020 10:27:07 PM   
Daza99

It would be very handy when waging a large military operation to be able to see at a glance all of your Commanders on the map. Currently you have two methods; Use the OOB (however this method merely shows which stack he or she is in and you still have to click through the stack to get them to show on top). And 2rd method clicking on HQ button of a battalion to show which hex the commander is at, and the commanders counter does rise to top of the stack.

So if there was a hotkey say C key to have all commanders rise to top of stack. In cases where there is two on same hex then both will rise to the top of stack with the 2nd one behind with a bold counter edge or something, player can click on it to switch it around with top counter there. This also could be hooked into the OOB when clicking on a Commander counter in the oob tree they will be revealed on the map- rising to the top of their stack.

Edit: i've noticed something i didn't really notice before. If your commander is at the top of a stack and clicking on a battalion counter will automatically put a border around the Commander counter based on color of bottom of battalion (this makes some stand out really well and others not so much) however if that commander counter is buried in a stack you wont see it.

< Message edited by Daza99 -- 7/18/2020 10:46:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Sugg: Hot Key to reveal top of stack Commanders - 7/18/2020 10:46:38 PM   
Malevolence

something like that... given an accommodation for two OHQ in the same hex.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 2
RE: Sugg: Hot Key to reveal top of stack Commanders - 7/24/2020 3:57:58 PM   
zuekamo

a hotkey to make the counters smaller (like the <3> in DC barbarrosa) could also work.

I added your suggestion in my list by the way.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4838502&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Sugg: Hot Key to reveal top of stack Commanders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI