Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Seaching to Vatutin85

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Opponents Wanted >> Seaching to Vatutin85 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/18/2020 7:56:19 PM   
malkarma

This is a messaage to my opponent called Vatutin85 in game.
Unless you start to play 1 turn per day, at least, I will cancel our game.
6 turns in 14 days is completely unaceptable. If you didn´t have enough time to properly play our game, you should have explained that to me... or even better, refrain to join my game.

Sorry to sound that harsh, but in my book this is a wasted game that maybe another player willing to put some effort could have enjoyed.

tl, dr: You have 24 hours to send a turn. First and last warning.
Post #: 1
RE: Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/19/2020 5:08:17 PM   
Vatutin85

Calm down man it's a game, we never have a discussion about weekly turns.

Regards

BTW let me know your in-game name, I didn't like what you wrote about me so i will end our pbem campaign.

< Message edited by Vatutin85 -- 7/19/2020 5:20:22 PM >

(in reply to malkarma)
Post #: 2
RE: Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/19/2020 6:37:17 PM   
Darren_H_slith

Yes, please do let us know your account name so we can all avoid you. I would feel awful wasting your time.

(in reply to Vatutin85)
Post #: 3
RE: Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/19/2020 7:35:16 PM   
malkarma

My name is SusoRules, feel free to finish the game if you want. I can live with that.
If you think that i have been harsh, I can live with that also. Because in my other games I have a fluid communication with my opponents, so all of us know in advance if is gonna be a delay in the deliver of turns or if its going to be an temporary stop due real life commitments (something that I understand and support).
Funny thing is that after my "rude message" you have started to complete turns daily...or even more than one per day. Curious.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darren_H_slith

Yes, please do let us know your account name so we can all avoid you. I would feel awful wasting your time.

It´s not about wasting my time. It´s about communication and respect to your opponent, something that after been playing wargames since more than 30 years, I highly value. But if you felt offende by a post not directed at you, I can do nothing about it. Now you know who I am in game. So do whatever you thinks is proper.

This is my last comment regarding this matter. Forum administrators can close this thread because the issue have been sorted.

(in reply to Darren_H_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/19/2020 9:12:08 PM   
Vatutin85

quote:

ORIGINAL: malkarma

My name is SusoRules, feel free to finish the game if you want. I can live with that.
If you think that i have been harsh, I can live with that also. Because in my other games I have a fluid communication with my opponents, so all of us know in advance if is gonna be a delay in the deliver of turns or if its going to be an temporary stop due real life commitments (something that I understand and support).
Funny thing is that after my "rude message" you have started to complete turns daily...or even more than one per day. Curious.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darren_H_slith

It´s not about wasting my time. It´s about communication and respect to your opponent, something that after been playing wargames since more than 30 years, I highly value. But if you felt offende by a post not directed at you, I can do nothing about it. Now you know who I am in game. So do whatever you thinks is proper.

This is my last comment regarding this matter. Forum administrators can close this thread because the issue have been sorted.

i'm sorry but after i have read your offensive message here, i've decided to end this campaign with you..

(in reply to malkarma)
Post #: 5
RE: Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/19/2020 9:29:16 PM   
malkarma

Thanks for the in advance notice. Good luck in your future endeavours.

ps: If you still think that an opponent requesting you to complete the first 6 turns of a WWII is something rude, maybe you should check your prioryties, because seems pretty obvios that you lack the time needed to move the game in a fluid way (no offence here, just something to let you think about it).

(in reply to Vatutin85)
Post #: 6
RE: Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/20/2020 6:24:21 AM   
Vatutin85

quote:

ORIGINAL: malkarma

Thanks for the in advance notice. Good luck in your future endeavours.

ps: If you still think that an opponent requesting you to complete the first 6 turns of a WWII is something rude, maybe you should check your prioryties, because seems pretty obvios that you lack the time needed to move the game in a fluid way (no offence here, just something to let you think about it).

You could sent me a message ingame about that or a pm.. I will remember your nick I don't have the intention to play other game with you.

Bye sir

(in reply to malkarma)
Post #: 7
RE: Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/20/2020 7:25:37 AM   
malkarma

Neither do I, farewell.

ps: The ingame message also applies to you. Actually the one that should inform his opponent is the one that is going to have a delay in his turn delivery. Something that I do with my opponents.

(in reply to Vatutin85)
Post #: 8
RE: Seaching to Vatutin85 - 7/20/2020 4:26:59 PM   
sillyflower

Can I respectfully suggest that everyone calms down a bit. If a player has an expectation of eg so many turns per day/week or other matters that could best be resolved by house rules, it is best to sort such issues before the game starts.

If/when life gets in the way and you are going to have a significant deviation from what has been agreed about turn around times for any reason, it is only good manners to inform your opponent. It is also only polite to resign a game or otherwise to inform your opponent when you don't want to play any more for any reason, rather than just disappearing, which is disrespectful at best.

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to malkarma)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Opponents Wanted >> Seaching to Vatutin85 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI