Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Severomorsk-1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Severomorsk-1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Severomorsk-1 - 7/17/2020 12:35:14 PM   
SeaQueen

I decided this airbase needed a pounding, so I built it out. Nothing about this .inst is sacred. Please feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Severomorsk-1 - 7/18/2020 7:07:55 AM   
Fido81

I'm really curious about your approach to the strike. Can I ask whether you're working w/ strategic bombers or a CVBG/CSG?

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 2
RE: Severomorsk-1 - 7/18/2020 1:56:06 PM   
SeaQueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fido81
I'm really curious about your approach to the strike. Can I ask whether you're working w/ strategic bombers or a CVBG/CSG?

Well... in this case, I wasn't thinking about either, really. I was going to use a combination of land based tacair, tacair off a Lightning Carrier, ATACMs from HIMARS, and sea based cruise missiles. My original concept for the scenario was that it was going to be a sort of early-in-the-conflict scenario where forward deployed USMC forces might strike a Russian air base or some other complex target.

It should be fun when I'm done. There's Norwegian AF, there's USMC 35B and 35C. There's submarines. There's surface ships. There's ballistic missiles. There's even some hypersonic weapons. So... lots of toys to play with.

< Message edited by SeaQueen -- 7/20/2020 3:53:18 PM >

(in reply to Fido81)
Post #: 3
RE: Severomorsk-1 - 7/18/2020 4:48:22 PM   
VFA41_Lion

I like to see whats the lowest yield nuke it takes to completely obliterate everything

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 4
RE: Severomorsk-1 - 7/18/2020 5:23:59 PM   
SeaQueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: VFA41_Lion
I like to see whats the lowest yield nuke it takes to completely obliterate everything

Barbarian...

;-)

(in reply to VFA41_Lion)
Post #: 5
RE: Severomorsk-1 - 7/18/2020 5:55:46 PM   
Fido81

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen
Well... in this case, I wasn't thinking about either, really. I was going to use a combination of land based tacair, tacair off a Lightning Carrier, ATACMs from HIMARS, and sea based cruise missiles. My original concept for the scenario was that it was going to be a sort of early-in-the-conflict scenario where, forward deployed USMC forces might strike a Russian air base or some other complex target.

That sounds like a very interesting concept of operations. I never really considered that the Severomorsk airfields are not just strategic resources with respect to the Northern Fleet, but also tactical resources in a potential conflict with a Scandinavian country.

I'm intrigued to hear you say that a Lightning Carrier has enough staying power to stick around in a conflict, because that seems to be such a big change from past NATO doctrine...or is assessing that the whole point of this exercise?

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 6
RE: Severomorsk-1 - 7/19/2020 12:52:42 PM   
SeaQueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fido81
I'm intrigued to hear you say that a Lightning Carrier has enough staying power to stick around in a conflict, because that seems to be such a big change from past NATO doctrine...or is assessing that the whole point of this exercise?

I can't really speak to past NATO doctrine. My original idea was that early on in the conflict, there might not be carriers the theater, in that case something else would have to hold down the fort until heavier forces arrive.

(in reply to Fido81)
Post #: 7
RE: Severomorsk-1 - 8/5/2020 6:53:02 PM   
magi

when downloaded... these files do not show up in the cmo scenario selection menu....

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 8
RE: Severomorsk-1 - 8/6/2020 4:48:17 AM   
Fido81

It's a *.inst file, not a *.scen file, so it shouldn't go in the scenarios folder.
On my install, it lives in "Command - Modern Operations > ImportExport > Forums > Russia" (I created these lsat 2 folders). I manually copied it there.

(in reply to magi)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Severomorsk-1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI