Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

E-Truck Stations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> E-Truck Stations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
E-Truck Stations - 7/14/2020 3:23:00 AM   
Pratapon51

Since we can build electric HS trains and design haulers with electric engines, we ought to be able to build E-Truck logistics as well.
Post #: 1
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/14/2020 3:44:51 AM   
lloydster4

Great idea

(in reply to Pratapon51)
Post #: 2
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/14/2020 4:01:59 AM   
Malevolence

Indeed.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 3
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/14/2020 9:10:25 AM   
demiare

Only if E-Trucks will work differently from HS Stations and be upgrade for basic hubs. I don't want to rebuild WHOLE logistic network :P

But as for myself in that case I would prefer to keep oil-based trucks. Why? As a safety measure - if battles will drain my energy storage my then at least my track logistics will still work on full power. Same reason why I keep Caslon reactors for civilians in Distant World:Universe while my navy get upgraded to Hydrogen ones :)

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 4
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/14/2020 9:33:28 AM   
Pymous

Very nice idea. More choice is always great! Based on the planet type / ressources déposits, it would allow more flexibility/diversity in the strategy.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 5
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/14/2020 11:46:35 AM   
Hazard151

Energy banks are a thing and grant energy storage equal to 2*(rating of energy bank)^2, as are fuel burning power plants at great efficiency, which burn 1 unit of fuel for more than 1 unit of energy so long as you are above the first level of power plant. Power Plants top out at 24.5k Energy production per turn, and frankly, even if you are pushing hard across the front with highly Energy demanding forces you are extremely likely to meet that demand quite effectively.

Infrastructure is barely a rounding error to an active military conflict anyway drawing on the same resources anyway, so trying to be conservative of a given resource to prevent issues seems to irrelevant. Either your military guzzles everything anyway, and it won't matter, or the production and storage capacity necessary to effectively catch the peaks of military demand for resources causes such a surplus the demands of infrastructure is irrelevant.

(in reply to Pymous)
Post #: 6
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/20/2020 11:44:11 AM   
zgrssd

I agree. This should be a sidegrade. Maybe even a switch you can flip?

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiare

But as for myself in that case I would prefer to keep oil-based trucks. Why? As a safety measure - if battles will drain my energy storage my then at least my track logistics will still work on full power. Same reason why I keep Caslon reactors for civilians in Distant World:Universe while my navy get upgraded to Hydrogen ones :)

This is not an issue:
Zone deliveries happen before unit Deliveries. And last turns deliveries are used for this turns points.
By the time units get their deliveries, the logistics network already had it's due.

If you run out of energy for Logistics, you have way to little production.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 7
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/20/2020 11:54:25 AM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

This is not an issue:
Zone deliveries happen before unit Deliveries. And last turns deliveries are used for this turns points.
By the time units get their deliveries, the logistics network already had it's due.

SIGH. Enemy forces could simply cut your logistic and separate your SHQ from your main source of energy. It isn't healthy situation but sometimes you're forced to deal with two-sided wars.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 8
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/20/2020 2:19:45 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: demiare

quote:

This is not an issue:

SIGH. Enemy forces could simply cut your logistic and separate your SHQ from your main source of energy. It isn't healthy situation but sometimes you're forced to deal with two-sided wars.

How does that differ from them cutting off your fuel supply?

I like to keep my solar panels distributed anyway. I know energy costs no logistics to move, but a bunch of T1 panels can produce a lot of power. And as you said, it is resistant to being cut off.

(in reply to demiare)
Post #: 9
RE: E-Truck Stations - 7/20/2020 2:47:12 PM   
demiare

quote:

How does that differ from them cutting off your fuel supply?

My fuel gathering center could be in different place? And as I said - it's purely my personal habit. I'm realize that it isn't efficient way to play.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> E-Truck Stations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI