Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sealed Roads

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Sealed Roads Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sealed Roads - 7/14/2020 3:12:14 AM   
Twotribes

Ok I understand that with dirt roads you wanna put a truck stop every 5 or so hexes and with sealed roads it is every 7 or so. Do sealed roads also increase logistics flow so you can supply a bigger force at the end of the line?
Post #: 1
RE: Sealed Roads - 7/14/2020 3:43:32 AM   
lloydster4

Bro, that's way too many truck stops. A lvl 1 truck station with dirt roads gives full logistics points for 10 hexes. Even without supply dumps and sealed roads, you would only need 1 truck stop every 19 hexes. Although that number drops a bit when you start adding branches.

You could build extra truck stops just to juice up the capacity, but it's more efficient to upgrade the truck stops than to build a bunch of lvl 1's.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: Sealed Roads - 7/14/2020 6:07:14 AM   
Malevolence

Indeed--what lloydster4 wrote.

Not an answer but consider the implications of Where do I put a Supply Base?.

Truck stations should be separated 15-20 hexes. 20-25 hexes is fine with late-game technology and industry.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/14/2020 6:09:46 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 3
RE: Sealed Roads - 7/14/2020 8:13:52 AM   
Tomn

To add to what the others have said, sealed roads don't (directly) increase capacity. What they do is extend the range at which your truck stops can operate. So if hypothetically you had a a truck stop that provided full logistics for ten hexes but started to drop off after the eleventh, replacing dirt roads with sealed roads would allow the same truck stop to provide full logistical capacity for, say, nineteen. If your army was hanging around along the ten hexes they won't notice any difference from the sealed roads, but if they were hanging around the seventeenth hex they'd go from almost starving to good as new once the sealed roads go into play.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 4
RE: Sealed Roads - 7/20/2020 11:35:48 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Ok I understand that with dirt roads you wanna put a truck stop every 5 or so hexes and with sealed roads it is every 7 or so. Do sealed roads also increase logistics flow so you can supply a bigger force at the end of the line?

As the others said, that is way to close.

You get 100 Truck AP. Dirt Roads cost 10 Truck AP per hex. The city hex does count, so you only get about 9 Hexes of full capacity distance. On a sealed road with 7 AP, it is 13 Hexes. of course, excessive branching does muddy the waters a bit.
Trucks from that stop can drive that far, before they start loosing Capacity to distance. They still got some trailing capacity for the rest of the road, but never try to rely on that.

Truck AP do not relevantly increase with Upgrades (+5 per level. On the 100 base, that is almost nothing). So one planning fits them all, more or less.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/20/2020 11:37:43 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Sealed Roads Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI