Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Save Required] Raid on Kismayo - Bugged?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Save Required] Raid on Kismayo - Bugged? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Save Required] Raid on Kismayo - Bugged? - 7/13/2020 1:50:55 PM   
MarechalJoffre

No matter what I do, I can't unload my marines from Ospreys in this scenario. When I designate a drop zone, the Ospreys won't launch and will RTB if launched manually. In addition, one of the Ospreys don't get shown on the mission editor when I try to create a cargo mission. Help me out please it is frustrating.

< Message edited by apache85 -- 7/14/2020 4:31:20 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Raid on Kismayo - Bugged? - 7/13/2020 2:42:30 PM   
parmenio

I'm pretty certain this happened to me at one point (I'm playing this scenario right now) but I put it down to my complete inability to know what I'm doing with cargo missions.

(BTW, I can't download your save from OneDrive)

(in reply to MarechalJoffre)
Post #: 2
RE: Raid on Kismayo - Bugged? - 7/13/2020 3:04:20 PM   
DWReese

Often I have found that when "weird things" happen, it is because the game is using one version, and the scenario was created using a different database. So, either the game does something slightly different, or the database is slightly different, and there is some kind of minor incompatibility that causes "weird behavior" to occur.

You have to remember that some of these scenarios were created a while back, and they may need a little TLC to get them back up to speed.

I'm not saying that this is what you have, but it is a place to start looking.

Doug

< Message edited by DWReese -- 7/13/2020 3:05:58 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Raid on Kismayo - Bugged? - 7/13/2020 3:25:24 PM   
MarechalJoffre

quote:

ORIGINAL: parmenio
(BTW, I can't download your save from OneDrive)

I deleted the save since I figured out I didn't have the infantry loaded onboard the Ospreys, so technically you wouldn't able to unload something that weren't on the heli in the first place. But it was weird because I was sure I had them loaded as cargo.

So I ran a second test and had my infantry load abroad the Ospreys at the very beginning of the scenario. A while later however infantry went back to being unloaded, and I suspect it had something to do with an event firing (the one where you spot the main terrorist compound). I had to spend another 30 mins loading the infantry and only then could the Ospreys land their cargo as intended.

In conclusion it appears to me that an event firing resets the cargo status. How? I'm not sure. Thereby causing my issue.

(in reply to parmenio)
Post #: 4
RE: Raid on Kismayo - Bugged? - 7/14/2020 4:30:52 AM   
Rory Noonan

We'll need a save to look into this properly, there are too many variables involved to independently recreate it.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Save Required] Raid on Kismayo - Bugged? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI