Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 7/13/2020 7:07:16 AM   
Tanaka

All units and start placements in WIE converted to WAW. I found so many missing units and different placements and strengths annoying to my OCD self. Germany also starts with 100 MPPs as per WIE and not 50. I wanted the same game as WIE only bigger in WAW. I found it only made the game more challenging and more fun not less and I did not find it too cluttering on the map. For example Italy now starts with the 11th Army in Albania as per WIE. Italy gets their ships back. UK gets ships back. Spain gets their light tanks back, etc. Placements and strengths all converted from WIE.

In addition to these changes Italy has a weak submarine squadron in Massawa as per history in the Red Sea.

That's about it.

Lastly I have changed the turn times to simultaneous turns as opposed to alternating. This means both sides play their turn in the same two week period as opposed to one two week period vs the next two week period. This can always be changed back to alternating in the editor if you wish. Feel free to see if you like it (I find it much more enjoyable) and if you have any questions, additions, or corrections please feel free to comment. Thanks, enjoy, and good luck!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CyYBDTCU4ZctImJ1b7NvUnKK5xMjVRxg

Installation: Download all files and place in C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Campaigns

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 1/27/2021 7:54:13 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 1/27/2021 7:51:12 PM   
Tanaka

Updated! I missed some comments in the mod section and have responded today. Thanks all!

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/6/2021 3:55:54 PM   
Alcibiades73

There are two files; which one should I download?

Also, do you know if I need to do something when I get the pop-up telling me "some scripts need to be updated" when placing extra troops on the map?

Edit: You said both files. Duh.

Also, I did get the modding question answered elsewhere.

< Message edited by Alcibiades73 -- 5/6/2021 8:15:05 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/6/2021 8:20:35 PM   
Alcibiades73

It doesn't load either in-game or through editor :(

(in reply to Alcibiades73)
Post #: 4
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/6/2021 8:28:07 PM   
Alcibiades73

Also, may I ask which British ships - and at what location - were deleted in the transition from WIE to WAW? I'd like to make the appropriate modding changes myself.

Post #: 5
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/7/2021 1:48:18 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alcibiades73

Also, may I ask which British ships - and at what location - were deleted in the transition from WIE to WAW? I'd like to make the appropriate modding changes myself.

Still works fine for me.

I need to update to the new patch but it is still playable.

Installation: Download all files and place in C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Campaigns

Click on the arrow next to the name of the scen and you will see a download option.

Click the download option. Download and unzip with winzip.

Unzip this. Put these files in C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Campaigns

Can't remember all of the units I added back but you can compare both games in the editors...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/7/2021 1:49:28 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/7/2021 1:52:49 AM   
Alcibiades73

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Still works fine for me.

Click on the arrow next to the name of the scen and you will see a download option.

Unzip this. Put these files in C:\Users\xxx\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Campaigns

Can't remember all of the units I added back but you can compare both games in the editors...

I will try again then. Is it compatibility with the current patch then? Since the mod is not updated to the current patch, then that causes the inability to load? (Also, do major patches always make mods unplayable - as is the case in many games?)

As for the missing British units, I don't have the other game. So I cannot compare in the editors :(

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 7
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/7/2021 4:02:02 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

Still works fine for me.

I will try again then. Is it compatibility with the current patch then? Since the mod is not updated to the current patch, then that causes the inability to load? (Also, do major patches always make mods unplayable - as is the case in many games?)

As for the missing British units, I don't have the other game. So I cannot compare in the editors :(

No it loads and works fine. Make sure the folders look exactly the same as the others in the campaigns folder.

Post #: 8
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/7/2021 10:18:17 AM   
Alcibiades73

quote:

No it loads and works fine. Make sure the folders look exactly the same as the others in the campaigns folder.

I did everything as you instructed, and it's still a no go. In-game, I get the error message saying "could not find directory..." In the editor, I also get an error message saying "could not find..."

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 9
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/7/2021 6:56:26 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

I did everything as you instructed, and it's still a no go. In-game, I get the error message saying "could not find directory..." In the editor, I also get an error message saying "could not find..."

The folders must look like this:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 10
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/7/2021 7:31:39 PM   
Alcibiades73

quote:

quote:

quote:

The folders must look like this:

Thanks; I finally got it to work!

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 11
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 5/7/2021 7:32:09 PM   
Alcibiades73

By the way, if new patches do not break mods, then why do you say you must update it?

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI