Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 7/13/2020 7:05:05 AM   
Tanaka

All units and start placements in WIE converted to WAW. I found so many missing units and different placements and strengths annoying to my OCD self. Germany also starts with 100 MPPs as per WIE and not 50. I wanted the same game as WIE only bigger in WAW. I found it only made the game more challenging and more fun not less and I did not find it too cluttering on the map. For example Italy now starts with the 11th Army in Albania as per WIE. Italy gets their ships back. Spain gets their light tanks back, etc. Placements and strengths all converted from WIE.

In addition to these changes Italy has a weak submarine squadron in Massawa as per history in the Red Sea.

That's about it.

Lastly I have changed the turn times to simultaneous turns as opposed to alternating. This means both sides play their turn in the same two week period as opposed to one two week period vs the next two week period. This can always be changed back to alternating in the editor if you wish. Feel free to see if you like it (I find it much more enjoyable) and if you have any questions, additions, or corrections please feel free to comment. Thanks, enjoy, and good luck!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CyYBDTCU4ZctImJ1b7NvUnKK5xMjVRxg?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_P7I3dV-5Rc7osIb4ooqgmA-uottoa6U/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/199E_1S5K6us6Z7SnAWAJwUysKJB8p9Ml/view?usp=sharing

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 7/14/2020 7:25:08 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 7/22/2020 1:16:50 PM   
Graavarg

New to SC modding, so how do I install this (these files) to get it to work?

Tried putting the files in a "Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\<modfoldername>\Campaigns\_1939 World at War"-directory, but that didn't seem to work.

Also tried making a copy of the original campaign in the corresponding "Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Campaigns\"-folder and replaced the original files with the downloaded versions, but that generated errors.

I am also using the the Iron Cross graphic mod 4.7 (but everything else is vanilla).

Special thanks for the switch to simultaneous turns, which supposedly means 2 x two-week turns per month, instead of the original one turn per month (which my limited grognard-mind find a bit hard to handle mentally-wise).

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 7/22/2020 3:38:55 PM   
crispy131313

Did changing the turns to simultaneous throw off the timing of some of the events?

(in reply to Graavarg)
Post #: 3
RE: New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion - 8/5/2020 4:10:38 PM   
ARPH56

I also cannot make it work, doing the same thing as you

(in reply to Graavarg)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios >> New Mod: WIE to WAW Conversion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI