Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.04b7] Chemical Warfare

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> [1.04b7] Chemical Warfare Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.04b7] Chemical Warfare - 7/12/2020 10:09:48 AM   
Malevolence

First time with this unit feat--chemical bombs.

Does it work with both direct fire and indirect fire attacks?

If I give this feat to my independent rocket regiment, will it conduct chemical agent strikes (e.g. nerve, blood, blister, etc.)?

Are the effects persistent or non-persistent in terms of the target hex? Would be nice, but I assume it's just an attack modifier for the engagement and nothing more.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/12/2020 10:49:46 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.04b7] Chemical Warfare - 7/12/2020 8:41:23 PM   
Jdane

I had a new missile launcher to kit out and the Fate Points to spare, so I gave it a try:

As you probably can surmise from the description, the usefulness of this unit feat is situational at best. Since I don't figure there are many valid targets, except probably militia from minor regimes on a planet without any atmospheric hazard.

The description doesn't mention the attack mode, so I suppose it's working both for direct and indirect.

Not an outstanding feat in my opinion.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.04b7] Chemical Warfare - 7/12/2020 9:11:53 PM   
jimwinsor

Yep, you read the fine print to find out this is a dead card in about 95% of games. Although it would be useful against animals and arachnids too, I suppose.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.04b7] Chemical Warfare - 7/12/2020 11:38:13 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jdane

I had a new missile launcher to kit out and the Fate Points to spare, so I gave it a try:

Thanks, appreciate it.

It doesn't surprise me. Serious chemical warfare is out of style. The US military occasionally still uses white phosphorus for it's anti-personnel and anti-equipment incendiary effects (shake and bake, but it's also quite toxic if inhaled in high concentrations--especially indoors), but little attention is paid to the other, old masters. WP is great all around for marking and smoke, but was banned decades ago.

So the big three. Blood (cyanide) first, then blister, then nerve--use in that order. Use persistent and non-persistent nerve versus specific kinds of targets. The value of persistent is added area denial for some variable time; more difficult to decontaminate. It's all very situational with weather, etc. Science stuff. Handy to use against important fixed sites that require outside work, until you have the time to seriously destroy them (e.g. military airfields, outdoor storage).

So more to the point of this (meh) feat, specific agents used in chemical warfare are designed to attack and compromise the materials used to provide sealed personal protective equipment. I suppose the idea is, if you are going to break the law, why use half measures. That's why there is the old order to agent use.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/12/2020 11:42:14 PM >

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.04b7] Chemical Warfare - 7/20/2020 11:24:50 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

As you probably can surmise from the description, the usefulness of this unit feat is situational at best. Since I don't figure there are many valid targets, except probably militia from minor regimes on a planet without any atmospheric hazard.

The description doesn't mention the attack mode, so I suppose it's working both for direct and indirect.

Not an outstanding feat in my opinion.

I was wondering about the effect of that card myself. And this is indeed useless.

At least that is one more thing that seperating Environmental Protection from Armor could improove.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

quote:

Thanks, appreciate it.

It doesn't surprise me. Serious chemical warfare is out of style. The US military occasionally still uses white phosphorus for it's anti-personnel and anti-equipment incendiary effects (shake and bake, but it's also quite toxic if inhaled in high concentrations--especially indoors), but little attention is paid to the other, old masters. WP is great all around for marking and smoke, but was banned decades ago.

This is Galactic Republic Era technology.
They propably have chemicals that could eat through the environmental suit or any other low tech protection. And just attackign the suit could be deadly in itself.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/20/2020 11:25:14 AM >

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.04b7] Chemical Warfare - 7/20/2020 11:34:41 AM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

They propably have chemicals that could eat through the environmental suit or any other low tech protection. And just attackign the suit could be deadly in itself.

As I wrote above, you don't need GR. It has been a thing for more than three decades and the R&D goes back to the 1960's.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.04b7] Chemical Warfare - 7/20/2020 11:39:20 AM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

No it isn't. This card is a fate card, not a artifact one so it isn't come from GR. It's just a toy from modern (in our game ofk) mad scientist.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> [1.04b7] Chemical Warfare Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI