Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there a way to view total troop count in a stack?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Is there a way to view total troop count in a stack? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there a way to view total troop count in a stack? - 7/9/2020 3:54:41 AM   
Daza99

I have noticed when viewing the Ai turns the map seems to show total troop numbers on the top of stacks of counters, however this seems to be the only time you can see this. And i am presuming it is the total number ie. 51 being 5100 troops (not sure how mixed units are counted in terms of tanks and trucks). And unless there is a hotkey I don't know about the total count for a stack of units on a hex is not shown until end of turn.

I think it would be handy if there was a hotkey to toggle and display this. When weighing up my fighting options i have manually count the unit numbers as i click my way through a stack of say 6 counters. Unless i am missing something and this information is available at a glance somewhere?
Post #: 1
RE: Is there a way to view total troop count in a stack? - 7/9/2020 4:26:08 AM   
lloydster4

You have a couple options currently.

Option 1) To get a general idea of troop totals: Click on the hex, then look to the bottom-right of the screen for the "stack" value. This is the approx. total of the forces on the hex.
Option 2) After clicking on a hex, go to the bottom toolbar, and select the tab 2nd from the left. That will display every unit on the hex.
Option 3) In Preferences -> Map, you can select "small counters." When the map is fully zoomed in, you can see each individual unit in a hex. Personally, I find this to be too cluttered. Turning on the hexgrid (press 4) makes it a bit easier.

Try these out and see if they work for you

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Is there a way to view total troop count in a stack? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI