Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disbanding and build limits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Disbanding and build limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disbanding and build limits - 7/8/2020 6:49:29 PM   
mdsmall

Is it possible to disband a unit at one place on the board and then be able to rebuild it and deploy it later elsewhere on the board? For example, as the Entente, my artillery unit in Mesopotamia has accomplished its mission when I capture Baghdad. Given supply and movement limits or artillery, it will take me forever to move or transport this unit to another useful location. However if I disbanded it, would it increase my build limit for artillery - thus enabling me to build an additional artillery unit which I could deploy on the Western Front? It's an expensive choice but it could be worth making if you knew that it would enable you to build a new artillery unit in a much more useful location. (This tactic would only makes sense if you are playing with hard build limits).
Post #: 1
RE: Disbanding and build limits - 7/8/2020 11:29:34 PM   
Xsillione

Disbanding gives you back the unit limit, so yes, you can rebuild it, but not sure if it gives you a star or just goes into nothing and have to pay the full price. So it will be quite a long rebuild too.

But there is also a trick to this, sometimes the units given by events allow you to go over the limit (if you bought to the limit, you still get the event based unit, but losing your over the limit units won't give you option to build, since you still have all your available units on the map.)

Also with operations you usually can get the unit out even if it would move super slowly, like the art. But maybe you are under the supply if in the middle-east.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Disbanding and build limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI