Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Do PBEM games get abandoned off the server for inactivity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Do PBEM games get abandoned off the server for inactivity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do PBEM games get abandoned off the server for inactivity - 7/8/2020 2:56:42 PM   
Christolos

Do PBEM games get taken off the server for inactivity over a certain period of time?

The reason I ask is that an opponent of mine, for which we are currently in a mirror matched set of games, has asked if we could focus on finishing one first and then continue with the other when the first one is over. Both games are at a fairly early time in the war and so my concern is that we may lose the ability to conclude the second game if it takes too long to finish the first game.

Thanks,

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Post #: 1
RE: Do PBEM games get abandoned off the server for inac... - 7/8/2020 6:12:46 PM   
BillRunacre

Yes they do, I can't remember offhand exactly how long it is, 30 days springs to mind, so it's best to either not start the other one yet, or (say) play one turn a week in it.

< Message edited by BillRunacre -- 7/8/2020 6:13:08 PM >

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 2
RE: Do PBEM games get abandoned off the server for inac... - 7/8/2020 7:19:24 PM   
Christolos

Thanks Bill.

Since the other game was already started, my opponent had the idea of just opening his turn and saving it without playing it after viewing my returned turn. This could then be repeated, i.e., just launching it and saving it each time every so often before 30 days, to keep it from expiring without actually playing the turn.

Would this work?

Would it trigger any suspicious activity flags?

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Do PBEM games get abandoned off the server for inac... - 7/11/2020 4:12:20 PM   
BillRunacre

I am really not an expert here. It might really be best to just set up and start that game when you're ready, rather than setting it up and having it waiting for then, as you don't want any potential issues such as you mentioned.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Do PBEM games get abandoned off the server for inactivity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI