Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Change Regime Capital Name, Change Militia Names Automatically?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Change Regime Capital Name, Change Militia Names Automatically? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Change Regime Capital Name, Change Militia Names Automa... - 7/8/2020 1:01:01 PM   
actrade

The first thing I do when I start a new game is change my regime name capital to match my regime name. However, the starting militia maintains the default regime/capital name. Can that be changed to make it possible to have your initial militia unit names match your capital/regime name?
Post #: 1
RE: Change Regime Capital Name, Change Militia Names Au... - 7/8/2020 5:06:56 PM   
Malevolence

Ugh. The name rules. I do not believe there is a canonical name module built into the game--change once, see everywhere.

It's the reason why allowing name changes, like characters, is a significant refactor.

Such a module isn't something that can be slapdashed together.

It impacts all reporting and records. The more you allowed the player see from the beginning, the more the changes impact the game with a change. Favorably, we players get to see many things in this game.

For example, if the character name changes at turn 6, how are the recorded and stored (i.e. archived) reports for the period of turns between 1 and 6 saved?

Do all the decision texts generated (with substitution?) at the start of the turn use the correct name, if the name change was made sometime in the middle of the turn?

How are unique id's for entities generated and stored? If two characters cannot have the same name, the unique id maybe the name. In that instance, a name change may cause the entire graph to collapse.

Those considerations needed to be handled during early design and tooling. Temporal data management.

Data -> Information -> Knowledge.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/8/2020 6:09:05 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to actrade)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Change Regime Capital Name, Change Militia Names Automatically? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI