Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. - 7/8/2020 1:26:26 AM   
Smidlee

It's either an annoying bug or I don't understand how public jobs wort as in two of my cities almost doubled in a single turn. All my public building has shortage including trucks and trains so now my army on the front line are without supplies. After two turns one cities return back to normal around 24,000 jobs. For two turns it show 43,000 jobs. My Capital went from 35,000 to 84,000.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. - 7/8/2020 8:12:41 AM   
zgrssd

Did you ugprade farms or Bureaucratic? They are are huge Worker consumer. You can expect a extra workforce around 10k per tier. As a general rule:
The workers used in construction = New Production Cost Workers - Previous Production Cost Workers.

Perhaps you captured a lot of public assets from a AI major, that got assigned to the Capitol? You did indicate your frontlines are an issue.

Note that most building Numbers are part of the savegame. So this may not be related to the beta at all.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/8/2020 8:20:06 AM >

(in reply to Smidlee)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. - 7/8/2020 8:35:39 AM   
Vic

I need a bit more info here to analyze this. Like at what Assets these sudden extra workers are used a input costs. Can you identify the Asset that is using suddenly more workers than before the number of jobs went up? See the Assets tab.

best,
vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. - 7/8/2020 3:12:23 PM   
Smidlee

I went back and look at my saved files. I figured out in the heat of the battle there was a dome farm IV right beside the city I was surrounding to capture. This Farmdome IV required 21,800 workers enter into my zone of my small city "Porky" (Seriously VR? a city named "Porky" in Sci-Fi) went from 19,600 jobs to 45,300 jobs which crippled my supplies. That is very easy to miss.

My home city is a different issue. After the city reached 200,000 level 5 and I captured the city of a Major for some reason people were leaving and going to other cities went down to 100,000. Sometimes odd is going on with taxes as suddenly I was getting 1000+ credits per turn. In the private economy it reads for the capital:
turn 60) +755 -721cr income tax 684 (income tax set at 50%)
turn 61) +895 -1383 tax 1359
turn 62) +1104 -2334 tax 2067
63) +1281 -3353 tax 3019
64) +1084 -2354 tax 2000
65) +1014 -2360 tax 2013
The private sector stop building anything.
Around turn 70 I was aware my private citizens were fleeing (the public remain high) so I tried to make changes to the zone orders by adding money to the private economy (200 gold) and changing the salary.
Private salary was .001 while public was .004. I adjusted public to .007 to see if I can stop the bleeding then a few turns drop it to .oo5. It caused the public workers to flee as well since they were very unhappy when I drop their salary.
I still don't understand what cause my city population to drop so much unless it had to due with the private super-high taxes. I finally increase the public pay to .01 in all my cities and got the population back up to win the game.

< Message edited by Smidlee -- 7/8/2020 10:04:40 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. - 7/8/2020 9:26:19 PM   
GodwinW

I've been thinking before that the private economy jobs and especially the farms require maybe too much workers. Or maybe the private economy builds them too easily without having a serious population buffer. Or maybe they prioritize it too much instead of setting it to 75% production when things go south.

There's been issues like that for me too. They seem to over-expand their job requirements, and then mothball the QOL (this wasn't in a city I had taken over, it was in my capital I always kept since the start).

Really, maybe just reduce the pop required for private farms a bit.

(in reply to Smidlee)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. - 7/8/2020 9:37:29 PM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smidlee
... my zone of my small city "Porky" (Seriously VR? a city named "Porky" in Sci-Fi) ...

Never heard of such a thing either, seriously!

R.I.P. Red Six

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/8/2020 9:39:30 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Smidlee)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. - 7/8/2020 11:24:05 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: GodwinW

I've been thinking before that the private economy jobs and especially the farms require maybe too much workers. Or maybe the private economy builds them too easily without having a serious population buffer. Or maybe they prioritize it too much instead of setting it to 75% production when things go south.

This is about workers. Wich means Public Assets.

As for the build Priority for Private Dome Farms:
Excess private food is sold to traders.
If they ever fall to low, they have to hope you enabeled Emergency food. Or it will be a massive drain on the economy. Indeed, it could even lead to a death spiral (not enough money to buy food or build a domefarm).
According to the reports, >100 units of food can also be turned into one "Luxury goods and services". So +1 Happiness.

For those reasons, it is okay if they are a bit more agressive with the farm.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.04b4] Public jobs double in a single turn. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI