Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best AAR's to read ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Best AAR's to read ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best AAR's to read ? - 7/7/2020 11:24:27 AM   
Evoken

Hi everyone

I have been reading Lowpe's AAR where he tries to invade West Coast , it was a fantastic AAR but i am coming close to the end of it As i dont have unlimited time to read all the AAR's and figure out which ones are good , i would love your suggestions.
Regards
Post #: 1
RE: Best AAR's to read ? - 7/7/2020 12:36:12 PM   
GetAssista

What are you seeking from an AAR?

There are instructional ones where you will learn a lot about the game (Mike Solli comes to mind). There are community meetings with a twist like GreyJoy's The power of inexperience. There are works of art like Small ship, big war that are read like a book.

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 2
RE: Best AAR's to read ? - 7/7/2020 1:24:34 PM   
Anachro

Canoerebel's AARs are usually fun to read, just beware of infrequent forays into arboriculture.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 3
RE: Best AAR's to read ? - 7/7/2020 1:40:33 PM   
Evoken

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

What are you seeking from an AAR?

There are instructional ones where you will learn a lot about the game (Mike Solli comes to mind). There are community meetings with a twist like GreyJoy's The power of inexperience. There are works of art like Small ship, big war that are read like a book.

I am not very picky but i guess i like it more when either side tries something unorthodox

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 4
RE: Best AAR's to read ? - 7/7/2020 4:03:46 PM   
Ambassador

If you haven't already, I strongly recommend Small Ship, Big War - The Voyages of the Hibiki. Cuttlefish has done a marvelous work there, although you should be aware it's totally unlike any other AAR. Just read the first few pages, you'll get hooked.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1363103

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 5
RE: Best AAR's to read ? - 7/7/2020 5:35:19 PM   
Evoken

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

If you haven't already, I strongly recommend Small Ship, Big War - The Voyages of the Hibiki. Cuttlefish has done a marvelous work there, although you should be aware it's totally unlike any other AAR. Just read the first few pages, you'll get hooked.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1363103

Thanks! I will check it out

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 6
RE: Best AAR's to read ? - 7/7/2020 6:43:58 PM   
RangerJoe

There is nothing wrong with pages of discussion after Canoerebel posted a picture of a tree. Besides, there was a slowdown in the game and it drove his opponent crazy thinking that there was a major discussion of operations.

But find ones that are not just a posting of the combat reports if you want to learn new strategies and tactics.

Mike Solli's AAR is good for the logistical side for Japan. There are discussions of Japanese airframe R & D, the conversion of merchant ships, plus what ships he uses for various tasks.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 7
RE: Best AAR's to read ? - 7/7/2020 7:00:07 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evoken

Hi everyone

I have been reading Lowpe's AAR where he tries to invade West Coast , it was a fantastic AAR but i am coming close to the end of it As i dont have unlimited time to read all the AAR's and figure out which ones are good , i would love your suggestions.
Regards

Many thanks.

I could never have predicated the ending of that one. All the heavy lifting goes to Olorin.

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Best AAR's to read ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI