Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SHQ Inventory - critical information missing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> SHQ Inventory - critical information missing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SHQ Inventory - critical information missing - 7/6/2020 8:50:41 PM   
zgrssd

This may fall more under Feedback and Sugestion, but it does kinda seem critical as well. So I posted it as a Bug.

The way the SHQ's Logistics system works, we can get misleading information from the SHQ storage indicators. Consider this example for Food:
SHQ Delivers everything in Storage to Zones.
SHQ has nothing to deliver to units.
SHQ retreives stuff from zones.

The player only sees that storage was not-empty after the fact, potentially not even realizing there was a food issue.
With Increasing governor skills, the player might even see a net increase compared to the last turns food. All while the troops starve to death, because there is not enough production

It could even get worse: It could be that the SHQ has a storage amount below what was requested. That the SHQ is mathematically incapable of ever having enough in store to fullfill a turns requests.

I think there need to be indicators for thse 2 cases:
1. If the SHQ- during the last Logistics Phase - did not have enough in storage to give the Zone or Units what they wanted.
2. If the SHQ does not have enough storage to fullfill last turns requests.
The indicator should be coloration with a explaining text in the tooltip. Or maybe something on the VidCom screen.

The math itself should be relatively simple:
Just need to compare Zone + Unit requests for each Resource with what was stored and how big the storage is.
Post #: 1
RE: SHQ Inventory - critical information missing - 7/6/2020 9:07:39 PM   
Malevolence

Indeed; I've mentioned more than once that it needs an accounting-like report. Such data helps identify bugs as well.

This is a guess of the current order and there are a bunch of steps missing for disband, private trade, etc. (perhaps all resources work the same, less ammunition and replacements)

For Each Zone in SHQ {
    Zone city collects all resources produced in the zone (no LP's used)
    Zone city uses required resource for itself based on zone stats
    Zone city sends surplus to SHQ (uses LP's)
    Zone city requests shortages
}
For Each SHQ in Regime
    SHQ sends requested resources to Zone cities--based on their shortages (uses LP's)
    SHQ sents requested resources and ammunition to Units--based on their shortages (uses LP's)
    SHQ sends requested replacements to Units--based on their shortages (uses LP's)
}

I'm unsure where SHQ to SHQ fits in that loop.

There is currently little in the way of priority data. Is one city more important than another? Is it the order in which they were acquired? Does saving and reloading the savegame change that order?

Per the image, under Unit Administration (SHQ) there are settings for Logistics Limitations. For me, those limitations have never seemed to work in a way that was significant. For example, 10% of LP's is never held in reserve for replacements--or if it is, it's never been enough to overcome the SHQ's route bottleneck.

The Unit Administration (SHQ) is also the hint and what's going on under the hood.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 7/6/2020 9:17:55 PM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 2
RE: SHQ Inventory - critical information missing - 7/6/2020 10:39:04 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

Indeed; I've mentioned more than once that it needs an accounting-like report. Such data helps identify bugs as well.

This is a guess of the current order and there are a bunch of steps missing for disband, private trade, etc. (perhaps all resources work the same, less ammunition and replacements)

For Each Zone in SHQ {
    Zone city collects all resources produced in the zone (no LP's used)
    Zone city uses required resource for itself based on zone stats
    Zone city sends surplus to SHQ (uses LP's)
    Zone city requests shortages
}
For Each SHQ in Regime
    SHQ sends requested resources to Zone cities--based on their shortages (uses LP's)
    SHQ sents requested resources and ammunition to Units--based on their shortages (uses LP's)
    SHQ sends requested replacements to Units--based on their shortages (uses LP's)
}

I think we should start a little lower then completely rework the entire Economic and Logistics System.

Some simple warnings should be enough.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 3
RE: SHQ Inventory - critical information missing - 7/7/2020 7:50:36 AM   
Vic

Added some info in the mouse over to beter see this.
But soon going to work on a general pass on the systems to better show problems and WHY that problem is there.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> SHQ Inventory - critical information missing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI